Honored Contributor

Re: Gotta Laugh at CNN

[ Edited ]

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

Those  recycling fountains stink and are very gross especially in hot weather...  Bet those glamorous CNN correspondents get sick to their stomachs.  Poor little things.

I've never noticed any reporters on CNN appearing "glamorous", to whom are you referring?

Respected Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

Those  recycling fountains stink and are very gross especially in hot weather...  Bet those glamorous CNN correspondents get sick to their stomachs.  Poor little things.

????

Honored Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

????

I can say for sure, they don't stink in SF.  They use water they say is fit to drink, it is treated, just not as much.  I wouldn't drink it, though,

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

FYI, in my area, reclaimed water is given away FREE, for rosebushes and other plants.

In Marin county, I think it's 30 gallons a day.

Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

????

I can say for sure, they don't stink in SF.  They use water they say is fit to drink, it is treated, just not as much.  I wouldn't drink it, though,

I sit and read, etc. near fountains all the time, and I've never noticed any that smelled bad.  In fact, they don't smell like anything at all.

Honored Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

????

I sit and read, etc. near fountains all the time, and I've never noticed any that smelled bad.  In fact, they don't smell like anything at all.

I agree with you, and I've never heard of any report that anyone complained about or got sick from fountain spray.  I assume it has to be pretty clean since you see people stick their feet in fountains and kids get in them at times. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

Reclaimed or not, I do think the OP is correct about the "visual."  CNN should have just chosen something else as the backdrop, with the water shortage going on.

The fountain does not belong to CNN.  The backdrop is the Reagan Library, where the debates are being held, so it is completely appropriate.  It would make more sense to criticize the Reagan Library, since they own the fountain and are allowing it to run.  

But that doesn't make sense either since it's generally well-known that fountains do not waste water or use new water.   I guarantee that most people aren't the slightest bit bothered or offended by something so ridiculous.  What would you rather CNN had chosen?  They're on location at the site of the debates, so that's what we see!

But by all means, let's nitpick everything that CNN does.  Even if what they're doing (reporting from the site of an event) is common practice among every news network in the world.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dell1 - Thank You for asking about me. I had respiratory problems, sore throat, cold and fever --- and it hung on for over 3 weeks. I'm now totally recovered. Today we're finally having some rain in Oxnard, CA --- and it's a lot cooler and the air is fresher. I enjoy reading everyone's posts daily.

Spoiler
Spoiler
:womanvery-happyfor 

Valued Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Dell1 - Thank You for asking about me. I had respiratory problems, sore throat, cold and fever --- and it hung on for over 3 weeks. I'm now totally recovered. Today we're finally having some rain in Oxnard, CA --- and it's a lot cooler and the air is fresher. I enjoy reading everyone's posts daily.

Spoiler
Spoiler
:womanvery-happyfor 

@kivah, Oh I am so happy I saw your post tonight.  It rained a little here in Northern California last night.  Kind of weird to be so happy about .11 inch of rain but we are.  We also had thunder and lightning last night.  The thunder woke me up.  Take care.