Esteemed Contributor

Im so sick of Verizon its unreal (we have Verizon DSL w MSN) I was wondering what company is better? I live in rural PA so I have a feeling my choices may be few. But was wondering if anyone here knew of any others? I could go with our cable company which is small (see below).

Well this is what happened;

For 5 days I couldnt/cant sign on to Verizon/MSN. Or if I did go on it would shut off again. Just lots of issues. (and this happens all the time), and I mean alot.

So once again I called on the weekend and get over seas help I can barely understand. The guy got mad because I said this is the 5th time in 4 months our internet was out or not working properly (and this goes on for days and days until its back on or right again), and so he left me on the phone and never came back. (lol). I didnt yell but I must have sounded frustrated. Oh I also said sir our Wii wont go online, my iPad wont go online or our laptop so it "must be" your service. Well he left the phone.

So today I call and being its weekday during 9 to 5, I get a nice young lady in California (who seemed helpful at first). I tell her this keeps happening and every time they take me thru the steps IE reboot the modem, reboot the computer. blah blah blah (which takes up to 2 hours) and it ends up its "their" server has an outage. So once again she says oh no its not us. (lol).

So I do all the steps and she takes over my computer from her end and does her thing. (she even had to call me back after sending a signal). Well this goes on a total of 2 and 1/2 hours. So she says you should be good to go. So I did get online (obviously) but I cant get on with my MSN sign on screen or access MSN mail. I had to use Internet explorer and its just not working perfect yet.

Sooo she connects me to MSN who says its an OUTAGE (after I told her this 2 HOURS before...grrrrr).lol. MSN said I will be back online by tonight. Well yep got online (for now fingers crossed) but nope not back on MSN which has all my email. Plus my iPad is barely working and still no Wii so it MUST BE Verizon and MSN having problems?

Welll... I will give them till tomorrow and call again. I am thinking of going with our cable company in a bundle pack with phone/dsl/and cable but this company is so small I must rent the modem or buy one and she said I need a router for wireless where as Verizons built in. Plus our cable company gave me an ok price but when I asked is that the full price she said oh theres some service chargers so she cant quote a total. From my experince "this means the bill will be way higher than what shes stating". (and I feel as though shes fibbing too on the price because now that I got online to look theres cheaper packages).

Sorry this is so long. But thats why Im wondering are there any other choices? TIA

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles