Esteemed Contributor

Re: Generation X'ers & Baby Boomers: LOL list of your very first bar/club drink

I was going to bars when I was 17. A couple of our friends had older brothers who were bouncers so we got in to those places. The bars of my youth were Callahan's, Mickey Ratts, Mulligans Brick Bar, Mister Goodbar, The Old Pink and Continental (where the Goo Goo Dolls used to play when they were a punk band).

The first two drinks I ordered were a Fuzzy Naval and Secks on the Beach. I didn't have a very sophisticated palette. Oh yes, how could I forget Alabama Slammers. Nunyas post reminded me of that.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Whiskey Sour, Singapore Sling, Tequila Sunrise, 7 & 7, Sloe gin Fizz - drinking age was 18 - I tried a lot and wanted to forget a lot of them at the time!!{#emotions_dlg.w00t} I got smart really quick, and drinks became few and far between.....now non-existent due to meds....{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Valued Contributor

A Grasshopper, Pink Squirrel, Sloe Gin Fizz, Sloe Screw, B52.....those were the days.
Respected Contributor

I could drink legally for six months at age 19, because they changed it to 21 on January 1st the next year. My friends and I went out on New Year's Eve and had to leave right before midnight lol The 19-year-olds had a different color wristband! I'm sure I was drinking beer when I went to the bars back then.

Super Contributor

Wow! I've heard of most of your preferences, but not ones like a "Car Crash", LOL.

Some of my own favorite mixed drinks / cocktails at age 21 (or younger, heh):

pina colada

vodka collins

strawberry daiquri

strawberry margarita

blue whale

blue hawaiian

melon ball

And some other tasty liquors:

sangria (with some paella, baby!)

Bartles & James wine cooler

white zinfadel

white wine spritzer

Asti Spumonti

Riunite

blush/rose wine

I turned legal drinking twice: in 1981 in NJ at age 18 and then in 1983 in MA at age 20, during college. In fact, I was purposefully at a club near my university when midnight struck, so I could get right on legally ordering a drink in a different state. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I remember hearing the DJ playing the Thompson Twins; ahh, the crazy 80's!

Respected Contributor

1. tom collins

2. gin and tonic............that one stuck, when I have a drink it's the only thing I have........gin and tonic with a twist of lime............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Super Contributor

Forgot to mention that I was never a big beer fan, although at school our budgets pretty much only allowed for Budweiser in cans, and Molson in bottles. Did prefer bottles, though.

Frequent Contributor

Kahula Rumba. Ingredients 3 scoops of Vanilla ice cream. 2/3 of sliced banana. 1 oz of Kahlua . 1 oz of Rum. 2 oz of Milk. 1/2 of strawberry as garnish. Big Scoop of Crashed Ice
Valued Contributor

first (legal) I think was a vodka collins

I do remember ordering a lot of zombies later on...

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Honored Contributor

Remember Zima?