Honored Contributor

Re: Generally speaking, how many visits do you get from others?

None. 

Honored Contributor

Rarely ... I have a small apt (as do many of my friends) ... we have a cafe on the premises ... we get together there or at a restaurant.  One friend from out of town will stop by when he's in town.

Family members have houses in the suburbs ... I visit them!

Esteemed Contributor

None

Respected Contributor

We seldom have anyone simply drop in. My brother might when he is down here from Canada. The rest of our family comes down at scheduled vacation times. 

Honored Contributor

I would say for us, once a week and that is my two daughters and 3 grandchildren.,My husband and I both still work, and my husband works a 10 hour day shift, so noone throughout the week, when it is nice outside, we have people over more for cookouts, etc. and we chit chat with our neighbors outside in the summer as well.....I never drop over anyones home unexpected, so I wouldn't necessarily want someone doing that to me, unless its family, then no problem!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

0 visitors for me each week

Respected Contributor

People just dropping by unexpected - very rarely.  The last time was a few months ago.   It was very awkward because I had just gotten out of the shower.   

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

None.....and I prefer it that way....I am not one to drop over and visit with people and I don't want them dropping by to visit me...

I am not unfriendly...I just don't want my privacy invaided...

My ex will drop over maybe once a month...but he always asks if i mind ....the neighbor upstairs...will stop by maybe once or twice a month...and that is it...and i am fine with that...

Now if someone needs me for something...I am always available to help out...

You would be a wonderful neighbor for me.  I love to help people but I do not want anyone stopping by.  I do not open door for anyone or even go look to see who is knocking.  Call first always because I will just keep reading my book.  Usually a salesman anyway since all my family live in other towns and friends know to call first.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neighbors and friends only drop in a few times a year. My children and grandchildren are here all of the time.

I pick up one granddaughter from school almost everyday and my daughter picks her up from my house when she gets home from work.  Sometimes she works until 9:30 pm.  

My youngest son is always here on Sunday and sometimes more often and my oldest son is here with my grands a few times a month..

My brother and sisters drop in occasionally and a couple of nieces or nephews will stop if they are passing by.  I have two cousins that drop in a few times a year and my DH's brother who passes by our house often will stop if he sees us outside.

Sometimes my house is like a revolving door..  My kids have keys and are here when I am not.  They borrow things or rade the fridge or freezer with our permission.

I do have days when no one is here except me.... even DH is out of town.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My sister drops in once or twice a week, as I do at her house. Sometimes she'll call, sometimes not and it's not a problem.

Our neighbors may drop in from time to time. If they're out for a walk and see lights on, they'll stop by for a cup of coffee and some cookies (they know I always have cookies on hand!). That's not a problem either. 

If friends are on their way to or from the mall, they may call and say they'd like to stop in for a few minutes. "A few minutes" can be an hour or longer and that's fine, too. We enjoy company.

It is very rare for a salesman to stop in as we are quite rural.

I'm thinking maybe 3-4 times a week somebody stops in for a visit. It certainly doesn't bother DH or me. But we're pretty sociable people.