Honored Contributor

Garth Brooks 5 Millionth fans get cars

Garth Brooks is nothing if not ridiculously generous ... he surprised a husband/wife who became the 5 millionth fans to take in his world tour with not one, but 2 cars.

Sources at the arena tell us the couple scored a Lexus SUV and a Nissan truck before Friday's Edmonton, Alberta concert. 

They also got a $5k Amazon shopping spree, a $5k Edmonton mall spree, a trip for 2 to the Wynn in Vegas, and a bunch of Garth and Trisha Yearwood merch.

By the way ... Garth broke his own concert attendance record. Back in the 90's his tour hit 5 million tickets sold in 100 cities.  This time around it was 5 mil in just 60 cities.

It's like winning the lottery in low places.

0225-garth-brooks-tmz

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Garth Brooks 5 Millionth fans get cars

[ Edited ]

Love me some Garth Brooks!Heart

'The Dance" makes me teary every time I hear it!

Okay, okay, I'm melancholy at times, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I love Garth Brooks' songs.  I've downloaded (and paid) not cheated for all of his songs...

But you know what one of my favorite things about Mr Brooks is....?  You'd never guess?  Go ahead?  Noooooo...

It's the fact that I have no idea what he thinks about anything other than the fact that he loves his family (especially his wife) and he thinks she's a great cook (she's written cookbooks).

In this age where people pay money and watch shows, etc to see a singer or actor, we are inundated with hearing how they think WE should do this or that.....

That, (the fact I know very little about Mr. Brooks, other than he can sign beautifully) is one of my favorite things about him.....

Honored Contributor

He does a live event on Twitter every Monday night called Studio G and it's really about the music business, his new music he's recording, stuff about the tour.

That's it.  Last week the celebrated his birthday. Sometimes Trisha is on.

It's what entertainment should be.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I have heard stories like this for years when it comes to Garth, he never let his music success go to his head, he is beyond generous, and truly uses his heart to give back, such an inspiring man!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I am a huge fan of both Garth and Trisha as people and their music.  Both incredibly talented but also always looking to give back to their community and fans.  I love this article, thanks for posting!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom - the Dance - my absolute favorite song.Sometimes it can make me teary too. A friend of my DH's who he worked with for years died of a brain tumor  at only 59 years old and they played this song & his daughter  sang it at the funeral.Well, she tried to sing it - she had to stop due to crying and the priest took over & finished singing it.

Honored Contributor

Garth isn't going to be eating at Taco Bell just because he gave away a couple of cars and some gift cards!  LOL!!!  He has come a long way from playing bars in Stillwater!

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@KingstonsMom - the Dance - my absolute favorite song.Sometimes it can make me teary too. A friend of my DH's who he worked with for years died of a brain tumor  at only 59 years old and they played this song & his daughter  sang it at the funeral.Well, she tried to sing it - she had to stop due to crying and the priest took over & finished singing it.

@151949

So sorry to hear about DH's friend and at such a young age too.Heart

So touching that his DD tried to sing it and awesome that the priest took over!

If I were planning on having a funeral, I'd want it played too.

Thank you for sharing!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Garth isn't going to be eating at Taco Bell just because he gave away a couple of cars and some gift cards!  LOL!!!  He has come a long way from playing bars in Stillwater!

@Sooner

Garth will never have to eat at Taco Bell, Trisha is a great cook!