Respected Contributor

🎤🎭 Garrison Keillor Signs Off 🎭🎤

[ Edited ]

After 42 years the show is ending for him but

will still  be a wonderful memory.

I wish I couldve seen him in person, I've heard

Garrison Keillor and everyone really gave

150% to each show.

Interesting articles and  things I didn't know.

😊

::

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/garrison-keillor-signs-off/

"Garrison Keillor signs off"

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/arts/the-garrison-keillor-you-never-knew.html?_r=0

"The Garrison Keillor You Never Knew"

http://www.startribune.com/my-lifetime-with-a-prairie-home-companion/384605751/

"A listener's lifetime with 'A Prairie Home Companion'"

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🎤🎭 Garrison Keillor Signs Off 🎭🎤

Love Garrison Keillor. He's so talented and puts together amazing shows - music, stories, etc.  He'll be missed.  We see him every year and saw his final show (in our area) a few weeks ago.  It was a packed house.  

We read one of the articles you cited in our paper, very interesting details about his life, upbringing.   

Respected Contributor

@cotton4me wrote:

Love Garrison Keillor. He's so talented and puts together amazing shows - music, stories, etc.  He'll be missed.  We see him every year and saw his final show (in our area) a few weeks ago.  It was a packed house.  

We read one of the articles you cited in our paper, very interesting details about his life, upbringing.   

Youre so lucky @cotton4me to have seen him so

many times! At least he will still be writing. 

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

So excited, we are going to the Hollywood Bowl to see him.  Our third time and last.

Valued Contributor

I will really miss Garrison Keillor. He is one of a kind, such a great story-teller, so clever, and so able to find the humor in situations.

I also love the way he seems to appreciate many different types of music, and finds joy in harmonizing and singing along.

Chris Thile, the new host, is a wonderful musician, but the show will certainly have a different feel without Garrison Keillor.

Respected Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

After 42 years the show is ending but

will still  be a wonderful memory.

I wish I couldve seen it in person, I've heard

Garrison Keillor and everyone really gave

150% to each show.

Wow, 42 years!  At least for the past 15 years, I've been listening to Garrison's program.  His sense of humor, and refreshing perspective on life will certainly be missed.

"Even in a time of elephantine vanity and greed . . . one never has to look far to see the campfires of gentle people."                                                                        - Garrison Keillor  

Valued Contributor

Have NEVER liked him nor listened to his shows. Just don't see his appeal. And he is probably oneof the most unattractive celebrities I've ever seen.

Frequent Contributor

It's the end of an era.  We came to the show late by some standards, as we started listening as newlyweds in 1982, every Saturday night.  I would make homemade pizza and we would tune into A Prairie Home Companion, sometimes inviting the in-laws over to have dinner while we all listened.  We added children to the mix as the years went by and they became fans, too.  Finally, we had a chance to see a live show when they came to Detroit last year.  It will be a quiet week in Lake Wobegon, after this Saturday night.

Super Contributor

I watched the June 25th Tanglewood show online last Saturday.   The "after" show went on for nearly another 1.5 hours with all of the encores!  I have been fortunate to see the show in person.  So bittersweet...I will miss a Prairie Home Companion.  As talented as those left behind are, it will not be the same.

Respected Contributor

I will admit it.

I don't have a clue as to who he is.

Hyacinth