Trusted Contributor

Gardening shows using fake flowers:

I notice yesterday watching the Cottage Farm presentations, when they were using fake flowers there was a pop up on the screen saying that basically the the flowers were fake, but this could be  for you. I realized this last year they were doing this.

I'm glad they were being honest. I can't tell you how many I've bought thinking mine would turn out looking like the presentation flower.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gardening shows using fake flowers:

@sweetee2wrote:

I notice yesterday watching the Cottage Farm presentations, when they were using fake flowers there was a pop up on the screen saying that basically the the flowers were fake, but this could be  for you. I realized this last year they were doing this.

I'm glad they were being honest. I can't tell you how many I've bought thinking mine would turn out looking like the presentation flower.

Caught that pop-up almost as it was going off the screen so not sure but didn't it say something along the lines of that in some cases the flowers they are showing may be representations of what you can expect yours to look like when they bloom? But yes, at least they're being honest. Maybe because a lot of people were noticing and questioning it. Me thinks if they sold those artificial ones they show they'd do a humongous business because they're really beautiful.

Esteemed Contributor

@sweetee2How could Cottage Farms possibly show the flowers in bloom when it's January and everything is still dormant? Even IF Phillip had overwintered them in his home (which is very small), how would he have moved those many huge pots of blooms and trees to QVC for presentation? It's not possible. Give Cottage Farms a break! Honesty is the best policy. How else do you expect them to offer their product? I bought my first purchase from Cottage Farms over the weekend. That disclamer was legit to me. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

I've seen those disclaimers before.  I don't do well with baby plants.  I don't have the time to baby them and make sure they are watered.  

Valued Contributor

@BirkiLady - I'm thinking CF has hugh greenhouses in which to grow their plants.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Stevie Nix none of my cottage farms plants grew well.I gave up and just purchase from Lowes and nurseries.I received stuff that looked dead but planted anyhow and yes it was dead or shortly there after.

Respected Contributor

The Philadelphia Flower Show opens this weekend.  If they can have thousands of flowers blooming, you'd think Roberta's and Cottage Farms could force some blooms.

The use of artificial flowers is just wrong.

Honored Contributor

Don’t see anything wrong with artificial plants/flowers

for presentation of a perishable product.   

Just a matter of times when someone will write about how

they didn’t tell me to water it’ when a flowering plant

suddenly dies.

Using artifical plants is much like perfume presentations.

You’re buying an essence or an idea. 

Super Contributor

They have huge climate controlled greenhouses. SMH.

@BirkiLadywrote:

@sweetee2How could Cottage Farms possibly show the flowers in bloom when it's January and everything is still dormant? Even IF Phillip had overwintered them in his home (which is very small), how would he have moved those many huge pots of blooms and trees to QVC for presentation? It's not possible. Give Cottage Farms a break! Honesty is the best policy. How else do you expect them to offer their product? I bought my first purchase from Cottage Farms over the weekend. That disclamer was legit to me. 

Honored Contributor

For the most part my CF flowers have grown okay but the mature plants are a far cry from what they show on TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment