Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

LOL, that's great I sent it to everyone I know.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Say WHAT?  No bonding?  No effort?  No learning experience?  No achievement for a job well done? Just give me money!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Love it!!

I'd much rather just send a check, those fundraisers are a pita. 

Honored Contributor

Love it....that's my motto.  I'll write a check!  

Honored Contributor

I love it.

Honored Contributor

The stuff to sell is so overpriced, I would rather just give $. Also, most schools don't allow homemade food to be sold.

Respected Contributor

In total and complete honesty I wish our PAC had been able to do something like this so many years ago! But to their credit, they did stop having the kids sell things to raise money. Instead they held a Fall Festival, two Book Fairs, a Secret Santa, sold Tootsie Roll valentine's in Feb. Having the kids in the entire school selling things from booklets was so much trouble for the PAC and the teachers-nightmare time.

I wish the little kids football teams, soccer teams, little league kids would have been able to use that fund raiser letter!!  The workroom table was always filled with competing teams candy bar boxes. So was the staff lounge. Let me give each team some money and be done with it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fund Raiser Letter LOL

[ Edited ]

Sorry to admit, but 'you' (not O/P) 'you couldn't pay me enough $' to buy and eat home made items at various events.  Unless they were made by very close, fairly neat friends/neighbors. I know, I know, don't mean to cause any trouble here. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

When I was on the school board, the number one complaint from parents was all the fundraising.  We decided to do away with all fundraising except for one "gala" held in the Spring and raffle tickets in the Fall.  Each family was expected to sell/buy $250 in raffle tickets.    That even brought in all the money needed for the entire year.  It was heavily promoted and heavily attended. 

We continued with the Santa's Secret Workshop because the kids loved it.  The school made almost no profit on it.  It was done just because the kids loved it so much.