Honored Contributor

Gosh, I love fried chicken.  I could go for some fried chicken and potato salad right now.  But, honestly.  I'm down 20lbs and I have 30 to go and I think I finally "get it".  There are things that I will never...ever eat again.  Like friend chicken.  

Honored Contributor

Congratulations Chrystaltree...20 pounds is a huge accomplishment!  As far as the chicken is concerned....nope, no desire to eat an animal.

Respected Contributor

I really don't think fried chicken is that high in calories if you don't eat the skin. I know, I know ... many find the skin to be the best part. I peel most of the skin off when I eat fried chicken.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Gosh, I love fried chicken.  I could go for some fried chicken and potato salad right now.  But, honestly.  I'm down 20lbs and I have 30 to go and I think I finally "get it".  There are things that I will never...ever eat again.  Like friend chicken.  

@chrystaltree  Congrats!  

I actually just thought about bringing out of the chicken breast I have and making cutlets I haven't had in a while.  

I use Fiber ONE to bread it and bake it or pan fry it in just a bit of olive oil. Not the same as the fried chicken but it's a healthier version if you don't want to never have it again.  

Honored Contributor

Nice and crispy,

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

I really don't think fried chicken is that high in calories if you don't eat the skin. I know, I know ... many find the skin to be the best part. I peel most of the skin off when I eat fried chicken.

@JJsMom

Do you get any of the crunchy stuff that way?

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Love the thought of fried chicken, but not the calories.  I'll take mine roasted, baked, or grilled.

Yes but a couple of times a year will just be o.k.  I did a big feast of it myself with all the sides biscuits and butter back last year on Thanksgiving week-end and felt no guilt.  I thought I might as well after all the calories from Thurs. that week since a few more would not make much difference.  Exercise was exercise all the next week regardless of the big fried chicken dinner.  About time to do it again!!

Where the heck was "my" invite?  Biscuits too?  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest, what is it about home made fried chicken?  My mother and one of my sisters made the best ever.  My mother would skin some of the chicken and fry the skin separately.  My absolute favorite as a kid.  Can you imagine the calories in that?  So delicious!  LM

Honored Contributor

For me it reminds me of my grandma, when my boys were growing up,i fixed it alot, but just me now, a few times a year i just got to have it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@chrystaltree  Congrats!  

I actually just thought about bringing out of the chicken breast I have and making cutlets I haven't had in a while.  

I use Fiber ONE to bread it and bake it or pan fry it in just a bit of olive oil. Not the same as the fried chicken but it's a healthier version if you don't want to never have it again.  

I could do something like that but only after I get to my goal weight and and actually maintain it for a while.