Honored Contributor

Re: French Train Hero Attacked & Stabbed

Happy to hear his condition has been upgraded.

Honored Contributor

Everyone here, friends:  Please be careful walking, driving at night.  Please don't drive long distances alone.  Be as careful as possible.  Hopefully, we can carry pepper spray, just in case.  Sounds negative, but it doesn't hurt to at least try to be careful, especially at night.  Isn't there a phrase: 'Nothing good happens after midnight' (or something similar).  Wishing this hero a quick and complete recovery.  Makes me very sad when bad things happen to good people.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

Here is the video

They make it clear this is not related to the Paris train incident.

Esteemed Contributor

I want those low life taken in and have the books thrown at them. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Here is the video

They make it clear this is not related to the Paris train incident.

When it's one of their own, the military always does an investigation and often behind the scenes.  Until they say what happened, I believe nothing from the locals.  

Honored Contributor

OY!  This is bad! 

I also really feel bad for Alek on DWTS.  That's two weeks in a row that he's had extremely upsetting news - first the shooting at his college which really upset him last week and IMO his lack of rehearsal time was reflected in his not-as-good--as-usual dance, and now this - a horrible incident involving his friend from childhood.  

As somsone else posted, I'm really glad Spnncer is going to recover.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

OY!  This is bad! 

I also really feel bad for Alek on DWTS.  That's two weeks in a row that he's had extremely upsetting news - first the shooting at his college which really upset him last week and IMO his lack of rehearsal time was reflected in his not-as-good--as-usual dance, and now this - a horrible incident involving his friend from childhood.  

As somsone else posted, I'm really glad Spnncer is going to recover.

Edit:

Got it Smiley Happy  I read this wrong initially... Halloween sounds are blasting a few feet from me, sorry.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't carry mace/pepper spray.

Why?

First of all, if you are in your car, you have to fumble around to get it.

Second, if you are walking down the street, it can be taken away from you, and used against you.

Third, you had better hope that you are up wind when you use it, otherwise, the wind could blow right back in to your face.

The best thing to do?

Take self defense classes.

Learn how to use your body as a weapon.

Honored Contributor

Plaid Pants (love your nic!):  I'd probably break something just learning self defense, lol.  Which reminds me..........When I was in high school, I learned a self defense move, and flipped a date over at a party.  Well, that was then, and now is now.......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

if you are walking down the street, it can be taken away from you, and used against you.

Not if you use it effectively first.  "Can"?  Yes but that point certainly doesn't discourage me from carrying it.  It's better than having nothing and being defenseless; it can be used effectively and not necessarily taken away from you.

Besides, it's not a gun.  Even if it is used against you, it isn't fatal, whereas you still have the chance to use it first..