Honored Contributor

French Train Hero Attacked & Stabbed

Spencer Stone, hero in French train attack, reportedly in stable condition after stabbing

This is awful, the report is that he came to the aid of a woman being harassed in a bar and as a result, was attacked, held down and stabbed by up to six men.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/08/spencer-stone-french-train-hero-in-reportedly-in-stable-conditi...

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

Re: French Train Hero Attacked & Stabbed

How awful what is wrong with people. Prayers to that brave young man and his family.

Honored Contributor

@AngusandBuddhasMom wrote:

How awful what is wrong with people. Prayers to that brave young man and his family.

Yes, it's upsetting.  Six men, I wonder if it was a gang?

Honored Contributor

One bad thing after another.  Too many bad things happening to good people.  Maybe we should carry pepper spray with us at all times.?  Wishing him a quick and complete recovery. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They said it was outside a bar, hope spencer is not hurt badly.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

This is such a tragic story! This man is a hero and gets stabbed? What is wrong with People? My prayers are with him.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I don't know anything about carrying pepper spray with us.  Any info regarding where to buy it, etc.  It really might be a good idea, in general.  Might temporarily give us time to 'get away', etc. Better than nothing, I'm thinking, if used wisely and properly.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Update:  I just read that Spencer has a collapsed left lung and multiple stab wounds of the upper body and is in stable condition.  This is horrible.  My prayers are with him for a full recovery. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update, Anika.

That's just awful... and a collapsed lung Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

Spencer Stone, hero in French train attack, reportedly in stable condition after stabbing

This is awful, the report is that he came to the aid of a woman being harassed in a bar and as a result, was attacked, held down and stabbed by up to six men.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/08/spencer-stone-french-train-hero-in-reportedly-in-stable-conditi...

Yes, it's awful and I do hope that young man isn't letting all that hero business go to his head.  He's not Superman and so what if they were verbally harrassing the woman he was with.  There's a time to act (like on the train) and time to call the police.   Such things often happen in low rent bars in the wee hours of the morning.    He was in a bar, obviously he wasn't drinking lemonade.  Six against one guy who has had few drinks under his belt wasn't going to end well....for him.  Wishing him a speedy recovery and a reality check.