Honored Contributor

Re: For those that suffer with GERD, heartburn, etc...

[ Edited ]

Hi @ Montana

Here's the label (below) as well as what it says on the brand's website.  It can be used between meals for improving systemic circulation, or with meals as a digestive aid.  I've done both.  It does have protease, however.

There's more info on the biomediclabs site.  (just add the .com)

You got me to do a bit of searching and I found that Ness Formula enzymes contain only lipase, and have good reviews.  They are on the pureformulas site (with .com) - also on amazon.  I'd check the website first before ordering on amazon since amazon's site doesn't show the ingredient label part of the bottles.  (I have not tried this one.)

You've probably done plenty of searching already and know of other brands.  I found others also but haven't tried any of them personally.

SERRACOR-NK

Enteric Coated Nattokinase and Serrapeptase ~ The Original Formula ~
Formulated to maintain fibrin metabolism and support a healthy cardiovascular system*

• Heart and Circulatory Health* 
  • Fibrinolytic Activity and Normal Blood Viscosity*
  • Healthy Blood Pressure* Blood Cleansing*
  • C-Reactive Protein Reduction*
  • Healthy Response to Inflammation*
  • Normal Immune Function*

Supplement Facts

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach, thanks so much for the information.  I really appreciate it. :-)

Respected Contributor

After suffering with GERD for years, I went to the doc who prescribed omeprazole 20 mg for 6 mos.  Then, she put me on a 10 mg dosage for 6 mos.  Last, month, she weaned me off the rest of the pills by alternating the 10 mg pill one day and a dose of 1 T apple cider vinegar + 1 t of honey + a very small amount of water mixed together the next day until I ran out of pills.  I have been using just the vinegar/honey mix each morning and waiting an hour (just like the omeprazole) and haven't had a real return of the GERD symptoms.  So far, so good and no problems.