Super Contributor

Re: For those following the Eagles

On 5/23/2014 SeaGal said:

Hi Luv, the WR nest is actually at Surrey BC, about 125 miles north of Seattle, right at the Wa/Canadian border crossing. Its a beautiful nest watching the tides in the bay change and the beautiful sunrise/sunsets. And of course to see our lovely eagle family again this year. The 2 eggs were not viable last year, no one is really sure if that was a squatter pair lol, not our Ma and Pa, but they are back this year with 2 cuties. Seems like it has been forever since Echo and Foxy fledged in the 2012 season. I bet the fish was a flounder, yummy for fish and chips! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You have a great Memorial Weekend too Luv, big ole burgers!! With purple onions oh yah!!

SeaGal, you must be my long lost twin! Ha! It's fun chatting with you!

Respected Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Its fun to chat with you too Luv. You remind me, I need to check on that delishious Kiko!!

Super Contributor

On 5/23/2014 missyw1 said: I have been watching the Minnesota one, sometimes.. I thought there were 3 babies?

There were three, but one died. I don't know the particulars of how it died.

Super Contributor

On 5/23/2014 Peachysue said:

The Berry eaglet has been spotted in a tree nearby, by the ground crew. :-)

Oh, good. Glad to hear.

Honored Contributor

On 5/23/2014 MaggieToo said:
On 5/23/2014 missyw1 said: I have been watching the Minnesota one, sometimes.. I thought there were 3 babies?

MN Bound Eagles - one died of exposure.

Fort St Vrain (Colorado) - one died of respiratory illness - that one struggled for a week and broke my heart.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

We're all going to have to get part-time jobs or take up a hobby to fill our time after all these babies fledge. I've so enjoyed watching Berry Baby. She's going to be a beautiful, majestic eagle.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

On 5/23/2014 Bird mama said:
On 5/23/2014 MaggieToo said:

MN Bound Eagles - one died of exposure.

Fort St Vrain (Colorado) - one died of respiratory illness - that one struggled for a week and broke my heart.

Argos {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Yes MN Bound, tiny thing died of hypothermia, the other MN nest, mom or dad got careless with a big fish and it is thought that caused the lil ones demise.

It has been a really rough year for eagle nesting this year, alot of losses, more so then other years. Hopefully they are all flying high under the guidance of Lady Legacy from Norfolk Botanical Gardens...

Honored Contributor

MaggieToo- thanks
Respected Contributor

On 5/23/2014 kachina624 said: We're all going to have to get part-time jobs or take up a hobby to fill our time after all these babies fledge. I've so enjoyed watching Berry Baby. She's going to be a beautiful, majestic eagle.

She grabbed your heart! I remember when you thought she was kinda 'funky lookin', maybe not those words lol. She was in her awkward stage at that time for sure, clown feet and all. She is alot of fun, I wil miss her too, I feel honored to have watched her grow up to be the beauty she is becoming. Smile

Go to Hancockwildlife.org and Explore.org and take your pick of many other critters beside eagles. You can get lost for hours and days in the on line cam world!

Honored Contributor

I've certainly learned a lot about eagles from Baby Berry and you eagle-watching experts. It's been fun. I wish there was some way of identifying her in the future so we could see what she looks like in 3 - 4 years. I know she'll be exceptional!
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment