Respected Contributor

Re: For Parents of Deceased Children and other Deceased Loved Ones.

Katherine's written comments are so very true. How do I continue to handle this/ I keep mentioning my daughter's name especially those still around who knew her and all quickly respond - it helps - and too some of her friends still stay in touch with me - I am eternally grateful for that. A couple of her friends take the time to visit her resting place and take Christmas trees for her - she loved this time of year - and it has now been 26 long years.

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack

My heart goes out to you💙❤️💜

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

How is KatherineW doing these days?  I have not read any posts from her in a very long time.  Hope allis well with her.

Honored Contributor

Knowing the pain all of you share, I will say aloud, Kaitlyn Rose & Emma Grace. (our daughter and granddaughter)

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 I am so sorry. 

Honored Contributor

@lulu2, I am so very sorry.  I didn't know you lost your daughter also. 

Trusted Contributor

I see this is an old post too but I'd like to remember my daughter Layne, she would be 20 this coming December 27th. My heart goes to everyone here.

Honored Contributor

It's very healthy to keep a deseased loved one's memory alive. My brother was killed in an accident and I remember as a child we could never mention him for fear my parents would be upset. My Mother never got over my brother's death and took her quilt over his death to her grave. Years later after my Mother's death I attended a 50th birthday party for my sister and we were talking about all the kids and I mentioned my deseased brother and my aunt said",OH I forgot about him". It was like a slap in the face and I thought how disrespectful and insensitive of her. We siblings really never did have the chance to grieve as children, but as adults we all remember and honor our brother in some special way.

Honored Contributor

I can not imgine the pain. I am so sorry for those who have experienced the loss of children.

Note to KatherineW...you have been missed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for posting this! It's so true!! I was at a wedding awhile back and a young man came up to me and asked,'' Aren't you Brooke's mom?''. I was so thrilled that someone actually acknowledged that I was still her mom!!  Brooke Marie- DOB 10/81-DOD 10/86.