Honored Contributor

Re: First day of school TOMORROW in my area

Wednesday in Gwinnett. The ghost buses have been aggravating me for a week already. 

Honored Contributor

WV.  My teacher daughter started the fall term last week; however, she teaches in a year round state run school system.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our school starts August 31st.  Oregon.

Son, 16, doesn't eat nor knows what a bon-bon is...

Gummy worms, yes. 

Regular Contributor

Wednesday here in Columbia County, Ga.  I am glad my kids are done with school. I remember picking my daughter up after band practice where they were marching on the hot parking lot getting ready for the football games.

Honored Contributor

In NE PA we have another month to go!

I would have hated going back so early when I was a kid!

Respected Contributor

Wow, it does seem  their summer vacation just began a few weeks ago.  Hated those "Back to School" commercials  when I was a kid, which began airing shortly after July 4. I wanted to enjoy my time off.

Honored Contributor

In New Jersey, the first day of school is September 5th!

Tweety Bird Happy Monday GIF
Respected Contributor

How times have changed.  When I was a kid we had to go to school the Thursday before Labor Day weekend.  We were in school half a day.  We were given a list of school supplies that we needed for the following Tuesday.  I went to parochial school so we had to provide our own supplies.  I remember going shopping with my mother buying pencils, pens, folders, notebooks, etc.  I do not miss those days.

Esteemed Contributor

August 10th for teachers and staff. August 14th for students in Lincoln, Nebraska.

It's too hot for them to return to classes/sports any earlier since some kids still walk home from school.

When I was in school, we didn't return to school until after Labor Day. There wasn't AC in schools from the mid '50's through the mid '60's. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mormel20 Actually, some kids in our area went back to school last week while others will return next week. 

As for your comment "sitting around eating bon bons"? Interesting comment. Here I wish they were sitting on the couch, not riding their eBikes recklessly or kicking on doors per some Tik Tok challenge.