Esteemed Contributor

Re: First Day of Autumn/Fall

@Karie2022 wrote:

I'm hunting stink bugs, trying to keep them off my porch...ugghh...hate these things

Now that's a first with me!

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

On the day of the autumnal equinox, it is 85 freakin' degrees here in the mid-Atlantic.

Guess the fall temps and low humidity I adore won't be starting - and just as important, continuing - until November at this rate.

But to celebrate the 'official' start of my favorite season anyway, and in anticipation of the fab outwear, HERE:

:

Esteemed Contributor

@feline groovy That doesn't look like a happy cat.

Honored Contributor

Our first day of fall was very warm and rainy.  I'll be getting out the Halloween decorations but won't put them out until next weekend.

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

It's the feline "I put up with your annoying habits only because I love you and you feed me" look.

Dogs have a version as well. 

Our human kids do too.  ;-)

Respected Contributor

I'm brushing off my broom in preparation for flying off to howl at the moon.

Respected Contributor

WOO HOO !!!  ❤️

🏈🍂🎃🍁🐿🍂🦃 

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

We're having pumpkin ravioli with walnut sauce for dinner on Sunday to celebrate.  Glory be to heaven that it's finally here!!  I did not enjoy this summer AT ALL!!   It was 86 in NYC today, but the temps will start falling on Saturday and on into next week. What a relief!

Esteemed Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

We're having pumpkin ravioli with walnut sauce for dinner on Sunday to celebrate.  Glory be to heaven that it's finally here!!  I did not enjoy this summer AT ALL!!   It was 86 in NYC today, but the temps will start falling on Saturday and on into next week. What a relief!

This last summer, I ordered pumpkin ravioli at a restaurant.  It was not fully cooked and frozen in the middle so I had to re-order another item.  The small bite I tasted was very good and rich too.  The cooks didn't allow for enough time to cook the ravioli through.  I will have to try that item again.  Thanks for reminding me. 

I also like butternut squash soup.  Yum.

Valued Contributor

@Brooklynny wrote:

CORRECTION:  our neighborhood Italian deli hasn't made the pumpkin ravioli yet.  Instead, we bought the Porcini Mushroom & Truffle variety.  The owner suggested dressing simply with some extra virgin olive oil and grated Parmiggiano Reggiano or Locatelli Romano -- or a combination of both.  Oh my!  I'll try to wait until Sunday!!