Honored Contributor

Re: Finally Had it With QVC!

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

That said, I still run some of our companies.  I don't believe in being stupid when it comes to money and I only buy what I can afford.

I also don't like feeling like I'm being treated like a fool.  I've been slow when it comes to QVC because (believe it or not) they kept me company in a big house after everyone left.  I usually have it on in at least 2 rooms of this house.  I like the noise, the talking without the bad news.

You run "companies" so you must surely understand the economics of it all?

I truly don't understand your comment about "being treated like a fool".  What did QVC do to warrant that?  As others have pointed out, the changes to the S&H charges and rules were announced well in advance by various means and have been in place for months now.  How is that treating you (or any other customer) like a fool?  I certainly knew about them well in advance.  I don't know what else they could have been expected to do.

You seem to be most annoyed about the size of the earrings.  But that's a whole other issue.  Care to share the item number so we can see what's wrong with them?

Respected Contributor

Donna, I'm with you.  Like I said, I don't mind paying for shipping.  People must be stupid if they don't realize they are paying (if they use their label) almost $10 to send anything back.

I often use their labels because the credit goes back much quicker and if it is something worth some money QVC will refund the money if it gets lost (within reason, I guess).

I bought two of those tiny (look at how small they are) earrings because I thought I'd include them in a box for my daughter who lives in Denver and I thought it would only be $3.

I realize $3 isn't going to break anyone's bank.  It's just that it's the final straw.  Yes, it took only $3 for me to get this upset with QVC.  I don't like feeling like I've been taken for granted or treated like I'm stupid.

I said, "OK the next time I hear one of those hostesses say, "If you order more than one at the same time you only have to pay the shipping one time", you'll be hearing from me and it won't be the tiny QVC CS (which there really isn't a CS, just people located everywhere who answer the phones).

This company must be hemoraging money loss because all of the changes they are making it's as if they're trying to make up for revenue loss.  It seems so obvious.

Someone said they saw where rumor has it that QVC isn't going to have 24 hour live recording anymore.  I guess that change will be next.

I haven't heard a host say that since they changed their shipping policy, not once.

QVC has been very upfront about the shipping and no shipping discount if multiples ordered.

People have to decide if their purchase is worth the total price, and they also need to perhaps reevaluate their ordering.  If it's something they aren't sure they'll keep, they need to include that return postage in their price comparison.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

That said, I still run some of our companies.  I don't believe in being stupid when it comes to money and I only buy what I can afford.

I also don't like feeling like I'm being treated like a fool.  I've been slow when it comes to QVC because (believe it or not) they kept me company in a big house after everyone left.  I usually have it on in at least 2 rooms of this house.  I like the noise, the talking without the bad news.

You run "companies" so you must surely understand the economics of it all?

I truly don't understand your comment about "being treated like a fool".  What did QVC do to warrant that?  As others have pointed out, the changes to the S&H charges and rules were announced well in advance by various means and have been in place for months now.  How is that treating you (or any other customer) like a fool?  I certainly knew about them well in advance.  I don't know what else they could have been expected to do.

You seem to be most annoyed about the size of the earrings.  But that's a whole other issue.  Care to share the item number so we can see what's wrong with them?

Some people COMPLAIN about the most TRIVIAL things.

Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I'm inclined to think that OP is more upset with herself than with QVC.  I say this because about 4 years back - long before the new shipping policy (which I alone seem to like), I did a very careful tally of my yearly expenditures - not just QVC, but as much of my total discretionary spending as I could put together.  

I was appalled - way too much spent here at QVC, but also in my favorite mall stores (Nordies, Bloomies, and Saks), but it's not the fault of the stores.  I'm a big girl and I'm responsible for my own decisions.

It wasn't even a situation where I couldn't pay for what I was buying.  I could, but that didn't make what I was ordering or carrying home any more responsible.  I cut way back as soon as I really saw what I was doing.  And then I cut more.  And more.

It's taken years, but I'm almost out of the stashes of WEN and skincare and other cosmetics.  I've been wearing the jewelry I own instead of buying new and done pretty much the same with clothes.

I just don't need to be doing all that buying -- and it certainly cuts down on feeling as if I'm being taken advantage of.  Instead, I have my own power and I'm loving that feeling.  I wish the same for OP and everyone else who feels guilty of overbuying.  But don't blame the retailers.  Personal responsibility is far more empowering.

Amen, well said!!!!

I am very proud of you and anyone who does this. It is amazing to have this much discipline!

I really need to do the same and have started working on it. I imagine most of us would be much better of (and wealthier!) if we followed your great lead !

Congrats, keep going and count your dollars when we all go bankrupt , lol !!!

Respected Contributor

Sometimes a small issue is what seems to break up a shopping relationship, but I find I build up a lot of negatives about a retailer and then I finally break it off.  In this internet era I might look at QVC and then shop around.  I usually get it cheaper elsewhere.  One retailer that seems to do anything to keep a customer is Amazon.  I like them. 

Honored Contributor

croemer, what flipped my lid was these earrings are so tiny (I'm not exaggerating when I say they are the size of a red ant and lighter than air).  It's just stupid.  I always heard them say if you buy two identical (they were both gold colored) things at the same time (identical) only one shipping charge.

The person reached into the bag and put two tiny pair of earrings together.  That's it.  I just feel so stupid.

It's all in their favor.  A sale is a joke.  And now that they are doing that thing if you have a Q card you get easy pay.  HSN does that sometimes but they also have easy pay on most things too.

I pay cash for everything.  I have no credit cards, don't need or want them.  You watch, they will slowly be doing away with the easy pay.  There are people that would like to have something but need to pay over time.  Anyway, I'm beating a dead horse, so to speak (raised by my grandma and have lots of sayings).

Honored Contributor

I have been shoping with QVC since 1991.

I have never heard any host say that if you buy two identical items, there is only one shipping charge.  Never.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I'm inclined to think that OP is more upset with herself than with QVC.  I say this because about 4 years back - long before the new shipping policy (which I alone seem to like), I did a very careful tally of my yearly expenditures - not just QVC, but as much of my total discretionary spending as I could put together.  

I was appalled - way too much spent here at QVC, but also in my favorite mall stores (Nordies, Bloomies, and Saks), but it's not the fault of the stores.  I'm a big girl and I'm responsible for my own decisions.

It wasn't even a situation where I couldn't pay for what I was buying.  I could, but that didn't make what I was ordering or carrying home any more responsible.  I cut way back as soon as I really saw what I was doing.  And then I cut more.  And more.

It's taken years, but I'm almost out of the stashes of WEN and skincare and other cosmetics.  I've been wearing the jewelry I own instead of buying new and done pretty much the same with clothes.

I just don't need to be doing all that buying -- and it certainly cuts down on feeling as if I'm being taken advantage of.  Instead, I have my own power and I'm loving that feeling.  I wish the same for OP and everyone else who feels guilty of overbuying.  But don't blame the retailers.  Personal responsibility is far more empowering.

This is an excellent observation and probably true for many people but very few have the insight you had to realize it is truly the basis for their frustration or anger towards a company.

Respected Contributor

OP--Have you looked at the jewelry on Liquidation Channel--it is on the internet if you don't get it on your TV.  You get nice gift boxes with your purchase, too.

Respected Contributor

Chicken, when you mentioned your husband you reminded me of my late husband.  We were like you and your husband only I was/am the emotional one.  Funny thing, though, he used to say that was what he loved and admired about me.  I used to say that for him to buy something you'd think he he was giving birth, it took so long and the irony was he'd always get the best of whatever it was.  He was a systems analyst who became very, very successful.  The opposite worked for us as it probably does for you and your husband.

When he was alive I used to say, "Everyone who owes you money should take out insurance because if something ever happens to you, I'm calling all of the 'markers'.  Well he dropped dead in front of me at the age of 58 healthy as a horse.  You never know.  And I forgave SOME of the debtors and do give away a lot of his money to charity.

I don't have to buy all that I see.  I buy what I like.  I've decided not to buy much anymore.  I'm tired of the changes being made.  Plain and simple.  If you don't like something, don't do it.

I'm taking my own advice.  Those earrings are about the size of a red ant. Ha!

Did I read that correctly?? You run companies and you don't have a credit card? Don't your financial advisors tell you about the risks of using debit cards? That would bother me more than the small amount of money you are spending in shipping items from QVC......???