Respected Contributor

Re: Finally Had it With QVC!

@NoelSeven wrote:

Prior to the shipping price changes, it probably would have cost you at least that for ONE item.

The new shipping prices are a real break, although the price of items bought have gone up.

"the new prices are a real break...."    You have got to be kidding me...

Honored Contributor

I was sent numerous communications from QVC - and it was posted clearly on the website - the S&H policy changes which included no more reduced S&H for ordering two or more items together (of the same item or of clothes - they didn't used to have to be the same). I was well aware of this long before the S&H price changes. So I cannot now be mad at QVC for not reducing the S&H charge on one of the two items order, like the original poster is angry. We had fair warning that that was coming, in exchange for the generally reduced shpping cot of $3 per piece. As someone else pointed out, the S&H cost would have been more with one at full S&H price of about $6 previously and then half of that cost for the second item ($3) which would have been a total S&H cost of around $9 previously for the two items, rather than $6.
Honored Contributor

So does this mean that you are never going to buy from QVC again? Will you still post your comments on the forums? Just curious.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I only order what I know will fit or cleaning products. I never order something I am not sure will work. i think their shipping charges are a rip off I know what you are talking about. I was upset when I received three items in one package and charged $3.00 for each item totaling $17.95. I called and complained but was treated very rudely.I buy very little from the Q. .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KatieB wrote:

@NoelSeven wrote:

Prior to the shipping price changes, it probably would have cost you at least that for ONE item.

The new shipping prices are a real break, although the price of items bought have gone up.

"the new prices are a real break...."    You have got to be kidding me...

I consider $3 shipping instead of $5.95 shipping and higher a real break.  

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I'm inclined to think that OP is more upset with herself than with QVC.  I say this because about 4 years back - long before the new shipping policy (which I alone seem to like), I did a very careful tally of my yearly expenditures - not just QVC, but as much of my total discretionary spending as I could put together.  

I was appalled - way too much spent here at QVC, but also in my favorite mall stores (Nordies, Bloomies, and Saks), but it's not the fault of the stores.  I'm a big girl and I'm responsible for my own decisions.

It wasn't even a situation where I couldn't pay for what I was buying.  I could, but that didn't make what I was ordering or carrying home any more responsible.  I cut way back as soon as I really saw what I was doing.  And then I cut more.  And more.

It's taken years, but I'm almost out of the stashes of WEN and skincare and other cosmetics.  I've been wearing the jewelry I own instead of buying new and done pretty much the same with clothes.

I just don't need to be doing all that buying -- and it certainly cuts down on feeling as if I'm being taken advantage of.  Instead, I have my own power and I'm loving that feeling.  I wish the same for OP and everyone else who feels guilty of overbuying.  But don't blame the retailers.  Personal responsibility is far more empowering.

Respected Contributor

So how does one that spends so much money here not notice the shipping change for 7 months?  Why do the greatest complainers act like they're keeping QVC in business.

I buy quite a bit here, it's kitchen and garden mostly.  I'm careful what I buy so I won't have to send it back.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Here's another factor in the Q's return policy that I haven't seen being discussed: even exchanges. I don't know of any other online or catalog retailer who charges an additional shipping fee if you exchange an item for the same thing in a different size. You've already paid the shipping both ways on the original item. 

Why penalize the customer for gambling on a size, and losing? Why can't they at least ship the even-exchanged item for free?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Chicken, when you mentioned your husband you reminded me of my late husband.  We were like you and your husband only I was/am the emotional one.  Funny thing, though, he used to say that was what he loved and admired about me.  I used to say that for him to buy something you'd think he he was giving birth, it took so long and the irony was he'd always get the best of whatever it was.  He was a systems analyst who became very, very successful.  The opposite worked for us as it probably does for you and your husband.

When he was alive I used to say, "Everyone who owes you money should take out insurance because if something ever happens to you, I'm calling all of the 'markers'.  Well he dropped dead in front of me at the age of 58 healthy as a horse.  You never know.  And I forgave SOME of the debtors and do give away a lot of his money to charity.

That said, I still run some of our companies.  I don't believe in being stupid when it comes to money and I only buy what I can afford.

I also don't like feeling like I'm being treated like a fool.  I've been slow when it comes to QVC because (believe it or not) they kept me company in a big house after everyone left.  I usually have it on in at least 2 rooms of this house.  I like the noise, the talking without the bad news.

I don't have to buy all that I see.  I buy what I like.  I've decided not to buy much anymore.  I'm tired of the changes being made.  Plain and simple.  If you don't like something, don't do it.

I'm taking my own advice.  Those earrings are about the size of a red ant. Ha!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi annabelle...in the long run...that is a bargain for clothes. Now for 2 lipsticks it might bother me more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**