Valued Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   40 years in nursing is a fantastic achievement.  Congratulations & enjoy your retirement! 

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

Congratulations and a wonderful time ahead!  Time to do something good for yourself for a while. You've been doing that for others for years.  You won't stop doing that, but you'll be living a different life now.  It's almost 17 years for me ---and it's still an adventure!

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations!

Honored Contributor

A big congratulations!!  It sure is a freeing experience, isn't it?

Honored Contributor

Congrats!! I do say to myself numerouse times now, I love my life. It took retirement to really appreciate it. It's nice to not have to be on the run all the time.

Frequent Contributor

Congrats!!  I'm wishing you all the best and happy years ahead.  I am struggling now with retiring.  My husband and I both had the day off on Friday and we went in and paid off our mortgage on our house.  I am 62 so eligible for retirement and I've been at the same job for 37 years and needless to say burned out.  After reading all the other responses of those who have already retired they are pushing me to just jump in and do it...I agree with the person who said they have enjoyed being a slug ever since!  LOL   Enjoy your new life..

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes - Congratulations on your retirement! Now, enjoy the next chapter of your life!! 

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes- Congratulations!!  Enjoy your retirement.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes

How wonderful!  It must feel so good!  I am very happy for you.  I hope your retirement is everything you want it to be --- and more!

I am very envious --- not jealous -- but envious!!!  I hope some day that I will be able to  do the same!!!

Best wishes for a long and happy retirement!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I was fortunate to have retired at a very early age, and I love the freedom.  I left a job where many older than me said they would probably never be able to retire.  Don't understand those who don't plan ahead for their future.  It's not rocket science.  Can't say I have ever been one to sit around, but it's fun to have choices instead of being pinned down with a regular job.