Esteemed Contributor

Re: Female TV News Anchors and Meteorologists Showing Too Much Cleavage?

@SahmIam wrote:

If you're going to show lots of cleavage, then the men should be able to show off their chest as well. 

The men must be in suits and ties so, IMHO, the women need to be in equally skin covering attire. 

Here's my question: is ANYTHING clothing wise NOT suitable anymore? If you use the excuse "oh., it's just skin, get over it you see it at the beach", then it's appropriate to wear a bathing suit to a funeral? How about sweats to a wedding (and we're not talking weddings that say wear sweats, ok?). If people had worn jeans and cut offs to the Kennedy Honors or to any WHite House Event, the attitude of "that's disrespectful" would have rung loud and clear.

Bottom line, yes, you can wear anything you want but SHOULD you? Is it appropriate for the job? What image do you wish people to have of you in said job (being real, it's what we do when we someone doing their job). Do I think they show too much? Some, yes. They look like they should be at a nightclub and that's not being professional (unless you work there).

As long as their BOSS doesn't have a problem with it, then that's all that matters.

Esteemed Contributor

early swimwear.jpg

Don't you know that this is what all the women should be waering?

*lol*

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Women who talk sports are the worst!~  They have to be blond and wear short dresses or skirts and have big boobs.  Wonder what audience they are trying to captivate?????

@SeaMaiden, funny you should mention that.  We were watching the Hawks game last evening. My husband, a man, said, "Did you see her?"  I replied oh my!  Sitting right next to the court, hubby said she was a distraction when the other team had the ball, LOL ..  I swear I don't know why she just didn't take that top off.    She'd lean over and well her boulder holder wasn't doing its job. 

Oh yeah, let's see some skin on the men.. hey that's equality.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

"News" is mostly for entertainment now,most of them dress to entertain...   I can name a handful of professional female jounalists and none of them dress that way. 

My daughter is a Vice President at her firm and she doesn't dress to entertain.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

early swimwear.jpg

*lol*

I think this is more like it.  If women want respect, they are not going to get respect by wearing their cleavage out for the world to see and wearing short skirts.  Women who dress like "H's"  are dressing for men to look at them... not for women or for work.  Respect is EARNED but women today think they have to show the goods and look like Barbie to get ahead. That is what the problem is for women today. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So, let me see if I understand correctly via this forum:

If a Boss says to a woman you need to show skin/boobs/thighs in order to gain viewers/ratings we are to support this? So, it's acceptable to dress as if you're going to the club because the boss says so while your counterparts are dressed in attire seen the world over as professional? Really.

The fact that women say it's no big deal that other women are told/encouraged to dress this way in order to have their job/keep their job/it's for the sake of the MALE viewers is....sad.

And very ironic.

Respected Contributor

It's called "ratings". We are talking about it, right?  Just like Megyn Kelly wearing leather and slip dresses.  The press and social media were talking about her.  Madonna used to do the same thing to get noticed.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our local news readers and weather forecaster all wear the bandage dresses. I often wonder how comfortable they are since they're all skin tight. 

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Oh, my goodness! Call the fashion police, quick!

A woman is showing "too much" cleavage!

*lol*

eyeroll.gif

This isn't the 1700's.

Unless the woman is running around in a g-string bikini, it's all good. 

Besides, you see more skin on the beach than you do on the news.

*yawn*

That's your o-moon ans you don't need to be snarky.  There is no decorum anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

early swimwear.jpg

*lol*

I think this is more like it.  If women want respect, they are not going to get respect by wearing their cleavage out for the world to see and wearing short skirts.  Women who dress like "H's"  are dressing for men to look at them... not for women or for work.  Respect is EARNED but women today think they have to show the goods and look like Barbie to get ahead. That is what the problem is for women today. 

What a sexist mindset. That's the problem with past generations and their ideas about what women need to be. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval