Honored Contributor

Feel good moment...Airline Empl. Pays Respect to Vietnam Vet's ashes with National Anthem

Heart-wrenching moment airline employee sang emotional rendition of the National Anthem in honor of Vietnam War veteran whose ashes were being flown home

• Alaska Airlines customer service agent Denise Snow, 51, belted out the song in the airport as onlookers listened solemnly 
  • The video was posted to Facebook by a passenger on the Anchorage to Seattle flight, and has been viewed more than 290,000 times
  • The daughter of veteran AJ Davis who was transporting his ashes, Dawn Chapman, said she was incredibly touched by the tribute

An airline employee is making headlines for her moving tribute to a war veteran whose ashes were being transported on a flight from Anchorage, Alaska, to Seattle, Washington.

In a video posted to Facebook by a passenger, Alaska Airlines customer service agent Denise Snow, 51, is seen belting out a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem in honor of Vietnam War veteran, AJ Davis, whose daughter was bringing his ashes to Washington, where she lives.

The airport staff, flight passengers, and passers-by in the airport are seen standing solemnly as they listen to Denise's singing before giving her a loud round of applause when she is finished with the anthem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3324167/Heart-wrenching-moment-airline-employee-sang-emoti...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Feel good moment...Airline Empl. Pays Respect to Vietnam Vet's ashes with National Anthem

I admit it.....I was teary eyed and had goosebumps.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

Re: Feel good moment...Airline Empl. Pays Respect to Vietnam Vet's ashes with National Anthem

Incredibly touching... God bless America.

Honored Contributor

Companies are so funny about rules.  I hope the singer doesn't get in trouble for during such an honorable thing.

I'm remembering the paramedic a few weeks ago that got suspended for getting off of his vehicle to help a choking victim.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

So many great Patriots out there!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Heart-wrenching moment airline employee sang emotional rendition of the National Anthem in honor of Vietnam War veteran whose ashes were being flown home

• Alaska Airlines customer service agent Denise Snow, 51, belted out the song in the airport as onlookers listened solemnly 
  • The video was posted to Facebook by a passenger on the Anchorage to Seattle flight, and has been viewed more than 290,000 times
  • The daughter of veteran AJ Davis who was transporting his ashes, Dawn Chapman, said she was incredibly touched by the tribute

An airline employee is making headlines for her moving tribute to a war veteran whose ashes were being transported on a flight from Anchorage, Alaska, to Seattle, Washington.

In a video posted to Facebook by a passenger, Alaska Airlines customer service agent Denise Snow, 51, is seen belting out a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem in honor of Vietnam War veteran, AJ Davis, whose daughter was bringing his ashes to Washington, where she lives.

The airport staff, flight passengers, and passers-by in the airport are seen standing solemnly as they listen to Denise's singing before giving her a loud round of applause when she is finished with the anthem.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3324167/Heart-wrenching-moment-airline-employee-sang-emoti...

Thank you so, so much for posting this!

It is so wonderful that with all the turmoil we find ourselves in right now a lovely person does something so heartfelt . . . God bless Denise and all those that have fought to keep our country safe especially those that have made the ultimate sacrifice!

Esteemed Contributor

Anyway I am loving France right now. They have stepped up and taken charge. I have only been to France and Paris once. They say the French are snooty to Americans. We found that to be untrue. They were more than nice to us. As we left our hotel concierge hugged my husband as they talked at night when my husband went down to get a beer.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

She has a great voice.  Especially considering she was acapella.  But it didn't make me emotional.  When she was done, I felt like yelling "Play Ball!"

Honored Contributor

that was just beautiful and made a few tears come to my eyes...thank you for reminding us about the good people amongst us at this time.