Esteemed Contributor

Fed up already (illegal fireworks)

I feel like an old biddy, but I am right here!

I am aware its the 4th of July wk. end and people want to have fun, but its 11 PM EST here and they are shooting illegal fireworks that are hitting our deck and trees at times. This will go on all Summer too!

I am worried about fire. And my husband is in bed, he gets up at 4AM X6 days a week.

YES I called the cops last year X2. As you can see it helped, not! Now they do it more!

You see, he has ties to the community and does business with everyone through his business so its no use calling again. They did nothing before but talked to them, and it causes more issues of them doing things deliberately.

I hope if he burns something its himself and not our house! I am sorry but that's how I feel. These are illegal fireworks, not little sparklers.

This is a country development and no there is no neighborhood committee and laws, other than a noise ordinance which he breaks every Summer and no one cares!

I guess they will care when there is an accident or fire caused by him!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Re: Fed up already (illegal fireworks)

I know just how you feel. I can't sleep because of the idiot behind me and his fire crackers

Honored Contributor

And 100 million pounds of black powder are shot up into our atmosphere.......I'm sure this is real great for the environment.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Your neighbor's brother must live behind me. Lol. It's the same every year and I just pray nothing catches on fire. I am sorry you have this situation. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I see I am not alone. Oh now its quarter sticks, yes of dynamite. Lovely at 11:30 and theyre screaming, probably drunk. Yep fireworks and drinking, real smart. My daughters texting me. She asked if she should call to report it from her cell so it cant be traced. I said if she wants, but I think it can be traced but I dont care anymore!. Anyway I am suprised no one else tried to call. There are small children on the block (as in 1 and 2 yr olds), and Im sure they're awakened by this b/c my husband (the sound sleeper) is. Its going to be a long Summer! Maybe I will buy ear plugs! (lol).

Esteemed Contributor

They sell fireworks in the state that I live in so it is crazy around here for days before and after the 4th. My dogs hate them and get really scared. I want to choke people when they set these fireworks off and scare them.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

I don't like fireworks, either. I sure don't. I feel for you O/P.

Esteemed Contributor

I dont blame you guys. i like fireworks, just not in my yard or any residential area. They should be done by pros in a field some place!

Update at 1151- I heard a pile of cars and screaming voices out back, and its is now quiet!

I did not go look out the front window (Im in the back of the house), but I bet someone called the cops(and that may be the cars I heard),  because the last ones were quarter sticks and sounded like bombs!

So maybe the police did something now! I hope so!

Regular Contributor

It is ONE night, besides New Years - where some go a little crazy and light fireworks. No, I let it go!
Respected Contributor

It's the birthday of our nation.............I'd expect a little fireworks and a bit of celebration.............it's all good...........................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo