Respected Contributor

Re: Fed Ex (deliveries in general)

I think there's a lot of customers that don't know, just because it says it came from xCity/XState that necessarily doesn't mean it actually came from there.

The mailing labels are made and up sent to whomever is packing and shipping the product.   In a lot of cases, the Q is not a warehouse for TSV's, they ship from that particuliar company and/or the company's warehouse.  Label information is transferred and shipped from there. 

Hope that helps.   The same holds true for food items, orders are gathered up and shipped from either a distributor or directly from the vendor but I believe the return label references the Q.

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I only have a 50/50 chance of getting anything that ships via FedEX.  Our house numbers do not run in sequence on our street. There are lots of streets that have oddities and considering they should read the address before dropping the package should be basic 101 delivery. I have my house number listed in three lcoations.  I have called FedEx and filed a complaint but it still happens.

I hate FedEx!  

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Smoky wrote:

Smart post is stupid post.. just let FedEx or UPS bring the package!  

Our USPS needs the $$$ so we suffer.  I don't mind it a little (delays) but when it's more often than not that does suck.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

The only problem I have ever had is when it goes to USPS.  Love FedEx

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

If you don't get your package tomorrow,  don't blame FedEx,  blame the USPS.   Smart Post is an arrangement where FedEx gets it to your postal distribution facility,  the the post office delivers it. 

@Kachina624, either of them can be the source for blame.  Fedex ain't all that great on its own.  

@itiswhatitis ITA.   Fedex has been the kiss of death for many of my purchases.   They have delivered many of my packages to the wrong address,  including a package of my prescriptions from my mail order pharmacy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I hate FedEx and the whole addition of Smart Post just seems to add to delivery frustraitons.  The last couple of times I had issues with packaging not arriving when they should or claimed to be delivered when they weren't was when the compnay used FedEx.  I evetually got my packages but the time spent tracking down delivery times and options and then dealing with USPS was annoying and time consuming because even with a tracking number they simply don't have answers to where your package is.  IMO...Their whole tracking system is subpar compared to UPS.  

Honored Contributor

When FedEx hands off your package to the USPS it becomes a Smartpost delivery. To avoid this type of delivery you must choose 1st or 2nd day delivery at the time of check-out for the shipping options shown on your check-out screen. If there are no options given then it will most likely be delivered via Smartpost.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Shorty2U

well I ordered from Bed Bath & Beyond 2/7 waited 10 days called them - they tell me my package was delivered to me on 2/14 ....hmmm never got it!

Was delivered obviously to wrong address - to date whoever received it hasn't called or returned to company.

BB&B sent me my order again expedited - got it today!

I do not like Fed Ex there is always some problem (at least for me), sometimes my meds are supposed to be 2 day express they take more than that!

@homedecor1

I have had problems with Fed Ex also.........

My brother had sent me a DVD of his grandkids and had signed a waiver that it could be left by my front door (nothing of value to anyone except family).....and they wouldn't deliver it.....Since I work Fed Ex always came at the same time and I wasn't home......my brother called to see if I got it, and told him they didnt leave it at my door.  My brother called them and gave them a few choice words and they FINALLY left it.....

Another time they left my expensive NBA season tickets at my door, and these are ALWAYS supposed to be signed for becaus of the cost of the tickets.....

Another time a retailer used Fed Ex and Fed Ex said they had attempted to deliver a package twice....they had made only one attempt, and I made arrangements to be home the second time......no delivery, so I called and raised hell that they better make that second delivery and stayed home...finally got my package!!!!

Never had a problem with UPS or USPS deliveries....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt

Bed, Bath & Beyond wanted me to sign for the 2nd delivery, I refused.

Im not hanging out all day every day waiting for FedEx inept driver to deliver package...just leave it - I'll call BB&B I told the rep for sure if I don't receive 2nd box.

God only knows where my package delivered 2/14 might be....hasn't shown up here yet! Guess I have good taste it was 6 waverly valances & 4 panels! Hope it looks good in their home!!!😉

Honored Contributor

FedEx offers this option "FedEx Delivery Manager" which gives you the opportunity to schedule your deliveries for a certain time or date for a $5 fee, or a 2-hour delivery window for $10. Sign up for this service on the FedEx website.