Re: Favorite fridge magnets?

Mine too are on the side.  My favorite is one DH gave me:

"If we can put a man on the moon, how come we can't put them all there?"

Trusted Contributor

One of my favorite magnets reads:

YOU CAN EAT OFF MY KITCHEN FLOOR...

THERE ARE CRUMBS EVERYWHERE!

I love how this insinuates that my kitchen floor is so clean, it could be eaten off of...but...NOT SO,,,you could eat off it because of the crumbs!

Super Contributor

Jamma,

Yours is priceless, absolutely priceless!HeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

@itiswhatitis It's probably like mine, only the doors are stainless steel. If you look at my photo a few posts above 

@qvcfreak oh.  Thanks for the info. I have no clue about them, but I love the look of stainless steel.  I hope they are still available when I redo my kitchen.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a variety of magnets, some from places where we’ve traveled (Hawaii is my favorite), some with sayings, some with natural stones like rose quartz, some that are very utilitarian.  We keep them on the side because we have stainless steel refrigerator, mainly for important info like telephone numbers (doctor, electrician, plumber, etc), calendar, announcements, etc.  

Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

We have a stainless refrigerator so magnets won't work on the front. I do have some on either side. These are two of my favorites. I've had these magnets for years and years. 

IMG_7258.JPG

IMG_7259.JPG

@gidgetgh, if they don't work on the front, how can they work on the side?  Is it not solid Stainless Steel?  

@itiswhatitis- I don't know.  When we bought a refrigerator, we bought stainless steel and magnets don't work on the front, but they do on the sides.  I'm no refrigerator expert, but I think the fronts only are stainless steel.  My sister and a friend both have stainless steel refrigerators and they also put their magnets on the side.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@qvcfreak wrote:

@itiswhatitis It's probably like mine, only the doors are stainless steel. If you look at my photo a few posts above 

@qvcfreak oh.  Thanks for the info. I have no clue about them, but I love the look of stainless steel.  I hope they are still available when I redo my kitchen.

I'm sure they will still be there. A lot of people love the look and some don't. Are you redoing your kitchen soon?

Esteemed Contributor

30 yrs ago, I had a long drive to work - and when I got there, I would head to the lunchroom to get a cup of coffee.

One of the women in the office gave me a magnet -- which is still on my fridge.

"Don't talk to me until I've had my first cup of coffee". 

Honored Contributor

This -- no pun intended -- is a sticky subject.  I have an extensive magnet collection but I live with a minimalist.  Because my other collections are spread throughout the house and I dominate the closet space, I have agreed to keep our refrigerator as pristine as possible.  I have a small pad of paper and a calendar on the front of the refrigerator.  Sometimes I'll stick a reminder up there -- like a postcard from the vet reminding us of an upcoming vaccination.  These are held by non-decorative magnets.  Totally utilitarian.  They're magnets that I think Better-half pulled out of a hard drive.  Like these:

Magnet

I do have a few "decorative" ones on the side.  One is of Saint Roch, the Patron Saint of dogs.

The other is a magnet I've had for decades.  And it's the one that Better-half left on the fridge when he peeled off a dozen others and asked if we could have at least one somewhat bare surface in the house.

Magnet

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sapphire 2 wrote:

Jamma,

Yours is priceless, absolutely priceless!HeartHeartHeart

I am so sorry I did not see this till now.

Thank you sapphire I have to agree with you.  He was priceless also.

Jamma