Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite International Food?

It's easier to say I don't like Chinese but love most international foods, of late, the new Scandinavian cuisine 

Honored Contributor

I like Mexican and Italian.

When I lived in Europe I enjoyed some German dishes a lot, too.  Jaegerschnitzel mit frites was a favorite of mine.   Shashlik was another favorite of mine but I don't think it was actually German.  I got it at these 'schnell imbiss' stands that they had along the autoban.    

Honored Contributor

If I can only pick one it would have to be French but I love all the Asian flavors and I cook with an Asian bend. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thai

Greek

Mexican

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I like Mexican and Italian.

When I lived in Europe I enjoyed some German dishes a lot, too.  Jaegerschnitzel mit frites was a favorite of mine.   Shashlik was another favorite of mine but I don't think it was actually German.  I got it at these 'schnell imbiss' stands that they had along the autoban.    

Shashlik is the Armenian version of Middle Eastern kebabs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shashlik

There is a Persian restaurant I go to that has to-die-for broiled lamb kebabs. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Thanks for that info, Moonchilde!  Smiley Happy    It's been so many years and I seem to remember only that it wasn't German and thought it was Russian or something.  D'oh!   So much for my memory.  hehe - What you said made total sense.

They would serve these in one of those little paper 'boats' with fries and the sauce from the shashlik was perfect for dipping the fries.  It's been some 40 years, but I still remember how I enjoyed that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have an Indian restaurant nearby.........Our neighborhood can smell the heavenly aroma.  Makes me hungry, just thinking about it.  I'd say, all in all, the aroma that makes me want that particular food the most is Indian, even though I enjoy Italian, Greek, and other foods.  Chinese, not so much; but when I was younger, co-workers and I would frequent local Chinese restaurants.  UH, OH......I forgot about Mexican, love it.  Also love pizzas (Italian, I'm guessing, lol.), especially with a few (not too many) anchovies.  In fact, I'm going to remember to buy a few cans of anchovies, 'come to think of it'. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Italian

Honored Contributor

Chinese for me!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

It would be easier to list the ethnic foods I don't eat, or  don't eat much of - Korean, Japanese and Scandinavian. Anything else, I enjoy.

I don't even think of Mexican food any differently than I think of a burger and apple pie.

Otherwise, Thai, Indian, Chinese, Malaysian/Indonesian. But I like most ethnic foods. I just don't do funky organs & funky body parts.

@Moonchilde

OMG, too funny.....I need to clean my laptop screen!

Smiley MSN Emoticon 155.gif

BTW, me neither!!   Or bugs or 'embryos' of any sort.....gross!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.