Esteemed Contributor

Re: Family Christian Stores are Closing

I think that more and more people are not identifying themselves as "Christian", and I don't think that that is necessarily a bad thing.

Take me for example.

I don't subscribe to any one religion, such as Catholic, or Protestant, or whatever.

But, I do believe in G-d, Jesus, I wear a cross, and even have rosary beads, because they give me comfort.

I am spiritual, not religious, and I think that more and more people are going that way.

A long time ago, my mall use to have one of those Christian stores, and it was nice. It served a need, but now, it's just so easy to just go to Amazon and buy that stuff.

The funny thing is about the Christian store that was in my mall is that the store was right next door to Victoria's Secret! 

I had to laugh at that.

I am sorry that people will be losing their jobs.

Honored Contributor

I've seen a couple of them over the years, but wasn't a customer. It's not surprising. With mainstream bookstores closing left and right, I'm sort of surprised they've lasted as long as they have. This isn't intended as any kind of judgment as to their worthiness, only my reflection on retail realities...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't own a store today if they gave me the keys LOL