Honored Contributor

Re: FREE and DISCOUNTED Hamburgers on Saturday!

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

THIS is what I found:

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/burger-day/

@Annabellethecat66  I think that's the date of National Burger Day in the UK.  In the US it was in May.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I don't know...I guess you're right.  I saw where Meredith posted about it (and some of you say Mary Beth, etc) so I googled it and saw some of what I'd posted.

If I'm wrong, I apologize.  It wouldn't be the first time and it won't be the last time.  I am a person who (when wrong) admits it and moves on.

I do think some of you can see why I might have mixed this up...this is why you really can't trust the internet and especially must be careful when referencing it.

I don't usually pay attention to these kind of days but I adore hamburgers and filet mignon, so I thought...wow!  I can get into this one.

Again, if I am wrong, I do apologize, although I don't think that many people were that excited as a lot of people these days don't eat meat.  

As for me, I'll always eat hamburger, any kind of beef.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66:  No harm, no foul!!

Honored Contributor

THIS is what I found:

https://www.daysoftheyear.com/days/burger-day/

We have a winner and I will definitely take fries and onion rings to go with.  Just may have to save until Sunday and eat on calm couch with a good book!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

EVERY DAY is hamburger day for this card carrying carnivore!!!!!  YEAH for meat!  BEEF, pork, lamb, deer, veal bring it on!!!!!

If I don't go to a butcher I like, I grind my own hamburger meat always.  I won't buy that stuff out of those big plants!  I gotta see what goes in! 

Respected Contributor

Yepper!  You saw right!  Saturday is Hamburger Day (only in America).

Meat lovers unite!  My nickname in school was Wimpy (after that beloved cartoon character who loved hamburgers)...

It is with that honorable nickname I am pleased to tell you various chains (see below) offer on this day free or discounted hamburgers.....now go get 'um...chow down!

http://www.ibtimes.com/national-burger-day-freebies-2016-best-deals-enjoy-juiciest-boldest-patties-a...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/gobankingrates/national-burger-day-2016_b_10106234.html

http://www.delish.com/food-news/a47381/national-hamburger-day-deals/

THE DEALS ARE ENDLESS!!!

I got so excited only to see that this is an old post from MAY!!!!   So, we're cooking burgers anyway tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal  I'm so sorry!  As usual I screwed up!  I saw that post (which was new) from that Bluejean cook lady and went looking and found lots of posts on the internet about Hamburger day.  It even fell on the same number of the week for the day.  I was excited too!

I don't know if you saw but my nickname was Wimpy (cartoon character who lived on hamburgers) when I was in high school.  I wasn't fat but I loved hamburgers and my friends would tease me.  So you can imagine when i saw a whole day dedicated to ..... what else...but the hamburger!

It was my fault but Meredith didn't help when she posted about the burger day.  It doesn't take much to mix me up (aren't you glad you don't live near me)...I'd come over to see you and say, "Merry Christmas", you'd say, "Annabelle, get it together....that's just QVC making money by celebrating early"....Ha!

Anyway, enjoy your hamburgers and think about me.....

Respected Contributor

@Bridgegal  I'm so sorry!  As usual I screwed up!  I saw that post (which was new) from that Bluejean cook lady and went looking and found lots of posts on the internet about Hamburger day.  It even fell on the same number of the week for the day.  I was excited too!

I don't know if you saw but my nickname was Wimpy (cartoon character who lived on hamburgers) when I was in high school.  I wasn't fat but I loved hamburgers and my friends would tease me.  So you can imagine when i saw a whole day dedicated to ..... what else...but the hamburger!

It was my fault but Meredith didn't help when she posted about the burger day.  It doesn't take much to mix me up (aren't you glad you don't live near me)...I'd come over to see you and say, "Merry Christmas", you'd say, "Annabelle, get it together....that's just QVC making money by celebrating early"....Ha!

Anyway, enjoy your hamburgers and think about me.....

Ha, you are funny.   We will think about you for sure.   I think a good hamburger would be my last meal in prison.  Nothing better to me than a good old fashioned burger with yellow mustard, sliced dill pickles, crisp lettuce and a few jalapeno slices.   My mouth is watering.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Sooner I'm with you about eating meat!  I do love beef...I only eat Filet Mignon as far as a cut of meat goes.  I don't like any other cut of steak though.

I remember we used to take my husband's friend to the beach with us every year.  He was a cook at a famous restaurant in Middleburg Va.  He did the cooking and brought the meat, that's how he paid for his part of the cottage.  My husband was muscular and worked out every day and loved to eat.  So he was happy.

Anyway, this guy would come to us before dinner and say, "How do you want your meat cooked?  Each person would say something different.  A little later he'd put a huge piece of tenderloin on the table and slice it.  Each person got their steak perfectly done.  I like mine rare.  They'd say, "Annabelle, give it a minute and it will move".  Gross, I know but I do like beef, I just can't think about it.

I guess that's why he got paid a lot of money and was a good cook.  And he'd have cooked it on one of those gross grills at the beach.  I never understood it.  We'd stay at a place like you'd see a movie star would live.  It cost around (swear to you the truth $8,000 (a week) it was huge.  Other people chipped in so it wasn't bad, but here's this amazing place (elevator and all) and it always had the worst, cheapest grill (like you'd see at a park) sitting out there.  This guy would use it like it was a Viking stove.  My middle daughter renovated a house and put in a Viking stove.  That thing was amazing.  Anyway, he was amazing.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

I think the place sounds wonderful!  AND a chef!  What fun!

I was raised on home-grown grass and grain fed beet "organic" beef.  It was butchered just a little younger than most beef on the commercial market and it was beyond wonderful!  You could cut the steaks with a fork or at most a dull butter knife.  My favorite steaks are t-bone and porterhouse--eaten at home where you are free to gnaw the meat off the bone when you get down to it!  LOL!!!  It's better than eating ripe peaches over the sink!