Honored Contributor

Re: FLOODING IN HOUSTON MONDAY 4/18/16

@lucymo... Thank you for your good thoughts❤️
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Chalcedony

I agree... A person I used to work with told me of a situation like this in San Antonio... So scary
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:
@lucymo... Thank you for your good thoughts❤️

@LTT1  It is very sad.  I have always had a fear of water that is any deeper than my bath tub so flooding is very scary to me.  I can't imagine what they are going through.

Respected Contributor

I keep wondering about The Little Couple. They live in Houston.

My heart truly goes out to all those who have experienced this flooding. There's certainly been alot of it going on. Remember South Carolina last year? And recently in Arkansas and Louisiana there was historic flooding. Makes me so sad as some people do not have flood insurance. Ugh.    

Respected Contributor

Correction, make that "a lot" and not "alot." I always mess that up. Ha!

Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone.  Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers for those of us in the Houston area.  This rain event covered over 3000 sq miles (which they say is twice the size of Rhode Island)  and dumped 240 billion gallons of water, which our newscasters have put in perspective since no one could really comprehend that amount.  That actually equates to enough water to fuel Niagra Falls for 88 hours!  I think just about everyone knows someone (or knows someone who knows someone) who was affected in some way and there are still more evacuations occurring in areas of our county and surrounding counties happening today.   It's definitely tragic and my heart breaks for those affected, but Houstonians and Texans are resilient, and it is heartwarming to see the outpouring of love and support for one another.  The stories of people helping complete strangers is awesome to see.  As a matter of fact, my company is actually closing for business tomorrow and instead, allowing us to volunteer in various areas of town that they've coordinated thru the Salvation Army and Red Cross.  That's over 300 people so hopefully we can make a small difference for someone who has a need.  My family was very blessed and didn't sustain any damage, but the gentleman that does our yard had water in his home over his knees.  So very sad.  Thanks again for all the prayers and please continue to pray for those affected.