Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

It took years for iPad users to be able to paragraph here even though iPads were being sold on the Q.  

AND, even before the "new" forums went live, it was said by QVC multiple times that the new forums would be totally iPad/Android friendly and full of features for tablet users.

We waited MONTHS for that, something like 5-6 months. AND there was a sizeable outcry on the forums for all those months; didn't matter diddly.

So, they're trying to lower their demographic to acquire young(er) viewers whom they have to KNOW use tablets & phones much of the time, they're selling tablets, they want people to use their devices to buy, and they didn't bother to make the forums tablet-friendly for months.

The forums just are not any kind of priority.

IMO, if you want to buy something, why refuse to pick up the phone and order it? No one is "punishing" QVC's bottom line (a dozen posters tops?) by not buying, you're only cutting off your nose to spite your face.  But of course, 90% of QVC's mdse does not "need" to be bought in the firs place.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Instead of offering a 5 Hour Flash Easy Pay Event, how about fixing the darn site? 

I'm not shopping even w/ 10 easy pays until this situation is corrected.

One is not related to the other. You realize that the tech department has nothing to do with easy pay events, right? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

WenGirl42 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me (or bother me) if this were an intentional change.  Probably easiest to have a consistent landing page after logging in.  And having that landing page be our account order summary page could work in the Q's favor.

That is a thought I had, also.   It also shows 'wish list' and some things below that you might want to purchase based on - well, something.  Not sure what as the stuff shown for me had nothing to do with anything I'd purchased, so maybe it was just stuff they want to push.

But, still, it takes a nano second to scroll down and click on 'Forums and Blogs'.     I honestly don't get how there has to be some 10-15 threads about this one thing.  That's gotten out of hand, for sure.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Noel7 For over a week, after signing in, the site goes to your order page instead of homepage. Guess you haven't been on the Q. 

I have been on here several times a day.  This is not ever something I would complain about or that would bother me.  It is a free site that I enjoy and a very very minor change that isn't a big deal.

I'm glad that Q gives us this site free to chat.  So it's not a big deal to me.   If I paid more than $5 a month to use this board, then I'd complain.  Free?  No way.  I'm thankful to have it. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FIX SITE INSTEAD OF E/P

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@tansy wrote:

It took years for iPad users to be able to paragraph here even though iPads were being sold on the Q.  

AND, even before the "new" forums went live, it was said by QVC multiple times that the new forums would be totally iPad/Android friendly and full of features for tablet users.

We waited MONTHS for that, something like 5-6 months. AND there was a sizeable outcry on the forums for all those months; didn't matter diddly.

So, they're trying to lower their demographic to acquire young(er) viewers whom they have to KNOW use tablets & phones much of the time, they're selling tablets, they want people to use their devices to buy, and they didn't bother to make the forums tablet-friendly for months.

The forums just are not any kind of priority.

IMO, if you want to buy something, why refuse to pick up the phone and order it? No one is "punishing" QVC's bottom line (a dozen posters tops?) by not buying, you're only cutting off your nose to spite your face.  But of course, 90% of QVC's mdse does not "need" to be bought in the firs place.

---------------------

Not refusing phone orders and have done so. But, if I order from the Q, I try to order thru the Mr. Rebates website.  I get some money back in return - not much - but a small check every four months or so. Can only access Mr R's thru the computer!  

Esteemed Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me (or bother me) if this were an intentional change.  Probably easiest to have a consistent landing page after logging in.  And having that landing page be our account order summary page could work in the Q's favor.

@WenGirl42

Well, sure...why not expose us to our wish lists each time we sign in?  That's just good business.  

The only problem is that it's irritating to a lot of people.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

For all the money QVC rakes in I am stunned at how little they allot to their web presence as ultimately if well run can save them millions.  These glitches are just bad code handling which end ups with old problems popping up as new over and over again.  It will never cease to amaze me that huge, customer facing websites don't have better control over this but to be honest they are the worse offender.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

While we sit and wait for QVC to repair their sign-in snafu, I urge everyone to look closely at the personal information available on and/or through the order history page that now opens upon signing in. That page, with the information it contains about us, must be left open in the background so we can navigate through the message boards.

Since they are seemingly incapable of repairing their own sign-in, how can we trust they can protect our important information from being exposed to theft or fraud? 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG,  I agree with you and I'm going to continue to share this info so more posters will realize we're seeing something more than a nuisance or a cosmetic problem.

I think the ongoing technical problem is much more serious than some realize.    By taking us to the shopping area to log in, even though we wanted to be only in the community forums, the security of our personal info (in the shopping site) is compromised in my opinion.  

The shopping area is supposed to be more secure than the forums because it's directly linked to our personal and financial information (an https site as opposed to the Community's less-secure http).   

In the past, the access to the 2 areas was carefully kept separate -- now it isn't.   This new redirect causes us to be signed into both our shopping account and our posting account.   

Also, for both areas, when I use Firefox or Chrome, the browser indicates the connection is not secure (this refers to a QVC website problem -- not our internet provider).   Several of us reported the connection issue on a Customer Care thread in December and the problem never has been addressed or corrected.

Example:

image.jpeg Firefox security alert 1

A long time ago I removed my personal and financial info from the website.    When I add it back to make a purchase I remove it again after everything has cleared.     This substandard website needs serious attention...  but frankly I don't think anything substantial will be done.

I feel we're seeing a significant security problem that's being ignored by the tech support staff.   I do not think this is the fault of the moderators, because they do not provide IT support -- I feel certain they have shared multiple reports and probably all we can do is continue to voice our concerns.

Suggestion for posters:  after signing in and finding yourself on your order history page, go to the top of the page and log out.    That action will sign you out of your shopping account.    Then, use your bookmark or the Community link and you'll return to the forums and you'll still be signed in here.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

You must be sure you sign out of both the forum section and the shopping section of this site at the end of each and every visit for the time being.  Signing out of the forums does not always sign you out of the shopping site!

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥