Respected Contributor

Re: FINALLY MADE THE DECISION TO SWITCH OUT THE

@stevieb wrote:

Have you thought about day beds instead of a sleep sofa? There are some very pretty ones out there and since they often use an acutal mattress, are quite comfortable, but can also take the place of a seating piece. Some of them also come with a trundle feature.

Ellie Daybed - Gray | Home Furniture Plus Bedding

Indonesian Daybed Frame | World Market

Boho Daybed | CB2

Eloquence French Twin Size Day Bed Louis XV Upholstered | Furniture, French  daybed, Bedroom furniture

Daybed and Trundle Bed

@stevieb What a great idea!  I wonder who made the first one it's gorgeous. 

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123  I saw it listed on several sites, but the first one I pulled up was called homefurn.com. It's called the Ellie daybed and sells for $499. They had a really nice selection of other day beds that look like sofas. This particular company seems to be mostly in Louisiana and Texas and I have no idea what their shipping might be, but as noted, the Ellie, anyway, seemed to show up quite often just by doing an image search of day beds...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I have no advice but we need a sleeper sofa. I will be keeping an eye on this thread. When my husband travels I can't carry all my dogs up and down the stairs alone. Good luck finding what you want. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for all the responses.  I had pretty much decided to go go with the better mattress.  The saleswoman said that the bed could be closed up with the topper on it if it was only 2" deep.When I was looking at toppers online, a queen bed is longer than a queen sleeper, by 8 inches!  60 X 72 versus 60 X 80.  

@stevieb I did look at the day beds and that isn't a look that I care for.  The bedding is exposed so it does look like a bed.  I don't want to look at a bed anymore.  They were much less expensive than the sofa sleepers though.   

I have slept on blow up mattresses and didn't care for them.  They are noisy and too low to the ground.  I felt like I was camping.  We have two twin size aero beds now.  I can't remember the last time we checked to see if they are still intact LOL.  

Decisions, decisions......stay tuned.......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

One more thing I forgot to say before but if you ever want to move a sleeper sofa they about twice as heavy as a regular sofa so they kind of stuck where they put them

ask me how I know🥲

@jackthebear They can also get stuck in the hallway at midnight as well.  And they can be sold with the house.  Don't ask me how I know.  

funny

@jackthebear Yeah, now!  Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Thank you for all the responses.  I had pretty much decided to go go with the better mattress.  The saleswoman said that the bed could be closed up with the topper on it if it was only 2" deep.When I was looking at toppers online, a queen bed is longer than a queen sleeper, by 8 inches!  60 X 72 versus 60 X 80.  

@stevieb I did look at the day beds and that isn't a look that I care for.  The bedding is exposed so it does look like a bed.  I don't want to look at a bed anymore.  They were much less expensive than the sofa sleepers though.   

I have slept on blow up mattresses and didn't care for them.  They are noisy and too low to the ground.  I felt like I was camping.  We have two twin size aero beds now.  I can't remember the last time we checked to see if they are still intact LOL.  

Decisions, decisions......stay tuned.......

I'm sleeping on a blow up mattress right now because my husband is out of town for a few days. Yesterday I pulled out a new one because the other was losing air. So I had this brilliant idea to put the low one on top of the other and cover them with the sheet to give me height and to have the old on top for the dogs to pop rather than the other way around. All night I got lower and lower to the ground. When I got up to go use the bathroom the dogs rolled into each other because the top mattress was so flat. It was an adventure but the flat mattress will be going in the recycle bin today. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs : Best choice for me was the memory foam. Plus purchased a pillow top mattress pad cover. Family said that was the best sleeper sofa and felt better than the mattress they had at home.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs : Purchased two inflatable beds and sleeper sofa when daughter and grandkids visit. Grands didn't like the inflatable beds( they were not cheap) they all slept on the sleeper sofa.😳😁

Honored Contributor

Our sleeper sofa got a bent frame, so we couldn't really use it properly anymore. It would get stuck when you tried to put it away. And it started looking shabbier and shabbier, even with a slipcover. I kept it around because it was so huge it weighed almost as much as a dang truck.

Finally I got fed up and called 1 800 get rid of my sofa (or something like that, can't remember the exact name). I paid in advance, extra for a sleeper sofa, and some guys came with a truck and I was never so happy to see the back of a piece of furniture.

If you prefer one mattress over another, get the one you like. You'll be living with that decision for quite some time. And if you wouldn't be excited to sleep on it, you probably wouldn't be as happy about offering it to someone else to sleep on.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs 

Ive been researching these sofa sleepers because I sold all the guest room furniture and donated the king bed.

Loving the room empty.  I was going to do queen bed but then like you note -- my company stays a night or 2 then we end up at hotels.  We always have something planned.

I like the sofa sleeper that have the built-in inflatable mattresses.  I looked at Lazy Boy they carry a nice configuration.  I think many stores have these type of sleeper sofas.  My SIL has a newer version very comfy because you can make it as soft or firm as you like.