Trusted Contributor
Do any of you watch FB Live feeds? What do you think about businesses using them for marketing and boosting their social network presence? Do you ever watch, do you think it's annoying, or have no comment either way?
Honored Contributor

Can these feeds be viewed if one is not a registered member on facebook?

Respected Contributor

I watch the live videos from the Beekman Boys and from other businesses from time to time. I can watch the videos after they were live as well if I want to as they are stored. 

Last weekend a friend of mine was live at a concert and posted right on her FB page so I got to see 30 minutes of the concert. It was fun to watch. 

Honored Contributor

i have watched them at times......they can be interesting, fun, and helpful.

i like that you can ask questions in real time and they are usually answered immediately.

have not tried using the feature for our businesses though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I dont mind them as far as news, local businesses for marketing, or a how to video goes, but some people are using them for their own entertainment.

The other day, I was helping my husband cut down on his "feed", and there was one of his students with the title of "Bored ##" laying in her bed, on her side just closing her eyes and talking. We deleted her.

Honored Contributor

I mostly watch news feeds or events. We had a tornado warning just after 11:00 pm on Sunday and the local news was covering the radar and warnings on the Facebook Live, which was very helpful. I was able to use that to hear and see what was going on while I hid out in the bathroom.

I watched one Q&A with the vendors from Philosophy on a QVC host page and it was fun and they did answer questions, which was nice.

Esteemed Contributor

I find them annoying.  Each time one shows up in my "notifications", I will mark it so that they don't show up again.  Unfortunately, you have to do that for each individual.  I wish there was a way to turn off ALL "Live" notifications at once rather than having to do it individually. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Occasional Contributor

I actually just finished watching one from the Chief Meterologist of our local CBS affiliate. I will watch them if it is important news or weather.

Trusted Contributor
@deepwaterdotter....

I am not sure if that answer.