Esteemed Contributor

Re: Evine charge card holders-- check shopping cart, possible hack

@sgraham30 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I personally don't trust shopping at HSN.  They make way too many mistakes.

This was Evine, not HSN.

I know @sgraham30.  Someone mentioned this happening to them at HSN.  That was the reason for my response about HSN.

By the way, I have never had a problem like this with Evine.  I'm not keen on leaving my credit card information on these websites for "faster check out."  Wherever possible, I'd like to input it as I shop and not save this info.

I've had my Evine card for years, this is the first time I've ever had anything like this happen to me. Good thing I check my "wish list" every day!

@sgraham30, I'm beginning to be very leary about my cc on websites.  A lot of sites I visit let me check out with paypal.  It does help to eliminate my cc info all over the net.

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

I had this happen to me about 6 months ago.  I was trying to order one night and when I would go to order, what I ordered was there but I would also have about 3 or 4 things that I never put in my basket appear before my eyes.  I couldn't believe it and deleted all of it and ordered over the phone. I also paid off any value pays I had in full and never saved my credit card information again!!  I also changed by password for online ordering. I can't beleive this is still going on.  Is this their version of having all the trinkets at the check out line in hopes that it will persuade you to buy it??? Most of the things that appeared in my basket where really random products.  I hope they fix this "glitch"!!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BetsyDoodle wrote:

I had this happen to me about 6 months ago.  I was trying to order one night and when I would go to order, what I ordered was there but I would also have about 3 or 4 things that I never put in my basket appear before my eyes.  I couldn't believe it and deleted all of it and ordered over the phone. I also paid off any value pays I had in full and never saved my credit card information again!!  I also changed by password for online ordering. I can't beleive this is still going on.  Is this their version of having all the trinkets at the check out line in hopes that it will persuade you to buy it??? Most of the things that appeared in my basket where really random products.  I hope they fix this "glitch"!!!

I had it happen again today. I paid all of my outstanding Value Pays off the day before yesterday & deleted the charge cards that I had on file at their website.  I will no longer be using the Value Pay option since a card has to be left on file for them to apply the Value Pay to. When I place an order, I'll enter my charge card info to pay for the order, then delete the info immediately.

Honored Contributor

You who have had trouble at Evine should change your passwords there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Ugh..haven't been there in like forever. I have a card with no balance and one time tried to log in and check around as they sent me a nice coupon..couldn't remember my info..I didn't have the account # as not sure what I did with the card at home as it is no good anyplace else but online so I put it in a drawer and hope it didn't get stored or shred pile..

Tried calling but forget that..they want info I didn't have to get thru the automated system..  I figured it was a sign that I didnt' need to use that coupon..leave well enough alone lol!

Respected Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

Every day I go to the Evine website to check to see if any of the items on my wish list have been reduced in price. Imagine my surprise when I sign into my account this morning & find over $2.100 in items in my shopping cart, items that I didn't put there. Luckily, the order hadn't been placed yet so I removed everything from my shopping cart. I then contacted Evine immediately to get a new card. The entire process is automated, I never once spoke to a "live" person. To get a new card number, you have to state that your card was stolen.

When I find out a company has this kind of automation, I no longer do business with them as it's against my policy.  

Honored Contributor

their credit card is through synchrony bank.

you CAN speak with a live agent if you prefer.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I wish they had an actual wish list.  A few times, all the items I've "saved for later" were wiped out.  One time, I had a bunch of random items there. 

I don't have a saved credit card anywhere anymore.

I usually don't either but to do Value Pays you have to leave a credit card on file with them that they can apply the monthly Value Pay payment due every month.

I don't know about that.  I don't think you need to keep a card on file. 

That's an interesting question though. 

pretty sure you do, when your value pay comes due they have to know which card you are paying it with. they don't send out a bill for it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

At the time that I called, which was before regular business hours, there were no live agents available. I called Evine customer service later the same day to pay off all of my outstanding Value Pays. The rep that I spoke to verified that my Evine card had been closed.

Trusted Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I wish they had an actual wish list.  A few times, all the items I've "saved for later" were wiped out.  One time, I had a bunch of random items there. 

I don't have a saved credit card anywhere anymore.

I usually don't either but to do Value Pays you have to leave a credit card on file with them that they can apply the monthly Value Pay payment due every month.

I don't know about that.  I don't think you need to keep a card on file. 

That's an interesting question though. 

pretty sure you do, when your value pay comes due they have to know which card you are paying it with. they don't send out a bill for it.

You DO have to leave a card on file with Evine if you have outstanding Value Pays. I tried deleting the card off of my account while I still had outstanding Value Pays but I was unable to until I'd paid off the Value Pays & my outstanding balance was 0.