Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Marp@Yahooey & All Tiny Kittten Fans,

Well. Today took an unexpected turn...
TUNE IN now for intake and baths: https://livestream.com/tinykittens/floofy

Image may contain: cat

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove, I am so glad I came to check the board and saw the notification.  Thank you.  The link in your post didn't work but the one here should.

Well. Today took an unexpected turn...
TUNE IN now for intake and baths: https://livestream.com/tinykittens/floofy

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Apparently these kittens are from a new colony from what I picked up in chat.

Kimsies posted this:  There was no mama there with them when we were there but we couldn't leave behind, we thought the black one was going to die any second, now look at her.

This PSA was posted:  PSA: These are 3 kittens (2 boys and 1 girl) who were rescued from the new TNR colony. they are not in the greatest health atm. They've had capstars/baths/snacks/meds for earmites, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp...That's strange...The "livestream link" was working fine last night but now it just takes us to a Facebook sign up page ...The "Tiny KItttens" link is working fine though.

Oh, so TKHQ is now working at another new colony!... Do you know if it is located near the original colony?...I do remember a while ago Shelly mentioning that they have that colony pretty much controlled now and that neighbors would be helping out at the feeding stations...I hope that they are able to find the Mama of these adorable kittens and trap her also...I'm sure she will be looking for them...They already look so much better after their baths, treatments and good food and have been playful, although their precious little eyes tell the story of all that they have been through....the one little tuxie looks the most fragile, so keeping all "paws" crossed that they all will be fine!

HeartThose very special TKHQ "hoomin" Angels scooped them up in their compassionate arms and it became the best day ever for these precious lives, with the "bestest" yet to come! Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove, I think the "new" colony is fairly close.  I remember Shelly saying they were working to get access permission for a new colony but that is all I recall.

When I tried the link in your post last night it took me to FB.  It is likely that at the time Shelly was broadcasting to FB.

Esteemed Contributor

@MyShadowLove, @Yahooey

Wow, I hadn't checked in at TKHQ for a while so I went there this evening thinking I'd get updated and maybe see something interesting to post here.  I was stunned at the activity and the new families.  I will bring just a couple over, there really is a lot.

On my homefront we've had a few days of cool temperatures and low humidity and I've been feeling so much better.  Unfortunately our temperatures (and probably humidity) goes up this week so who knows.

I also have an announcement to make.  I have renamed Maggie.  She is now Katy and sometimes Katybug.  Because of the way she often reacted when I said her name (related to the baggage she came with) I was doing some research on the pros and cons of changing an adult dog's name.  One of the articles I read was almost like it was written for Maggie and me.  It said, in part:

Additionally, many experts recommend changing the names of dogs who are known, or are suspected, to have been abused or dogs who have come from a very negative environment. This is because such trauma might have led the dog to associate his original name with punishment, abuse, and fear. In these situations, you are changing more than just the dog's name; you're also helping him recover and move forward from trauma.

While I don't think Maggie was abused in the traditional sense I do believe she might have been handled roughly and even struck or held down to get her to comply with something she didn't understand. She definitely likes predictable and routine. I suspect that as her owner became more and more addled what she expected from Maggie and likely what she herself did became very erratic leaving Maggie confused and unsure of what she should do and what is going to happen to her.   I do know that the former owner had become so afraid that someone was going to take Maggie that she was forced to stay on the bed so the owner could keep an eye on her.

Changing Maggie's name is one of the best things I have ever done in my entire life.  She is like an entirely different dog.  It is nothing less than astounding the change in her since I changed her name mid week.  I'm getting to see her true playful, curious, interested personality and I am so thankful.

Now, back to Tinykittens.

Esteemed Contributor

BREAKING MEWS: We are launching a new project at a high-risk feral colony!

We have been working for months to get access to this smaller colony, and will have a limited time to rescue the kittens and spay/neuter the adults. The colony is on a rural property that is being cleaned up, which means several old barns and sheds that housed the mama cats and their kittens are being torn down.

We are scrambling to locate and catalog the families and bring them in during the demolition, and plan to return the feral adults to other available shelters on the same property after they are all spayed/neutered. The property owner will take over feeding and care for the remaining cats once we are finished, which is awesome.

We will need your help to pull this off!

1. We will need donations: TinyKittens.com/donate
2. We will need awesome adopters for all of the kittens and any adults that are socialized

We don’t know yet how many cats live here, but I would say at least 40. We currently have seven in our care, and are hoping for two more by tonight. We were meeting with the property owner for the first time when we discovered Amelia, Orville and Wilbur, and located NanoFloof and his family (pictured) the next day.

We have one more HUGE, UNPRECEDENTED announcement about this, but I will save that for another post. Smiley Very Happy

More about our work with feral cats: TinyKittens.com/cases

Tinyfloof's feral mama and two siblings. You can see the developmental differences very clearly.

(See previous post to meet Tinyfloof)

5 weeks old, 152 grams. This is a remarkable kitten.

En route to Mountain View Veterinary Hospital , let's hope they can work their magic. ❤️

k © 2016
Esteemed Contributor

Tinykittens updated their cover photo.
23 hrs ·

UPDATE 10:41pm: 158 grams!

The first time I laid eyes on Nano, huddled in the doorway of a dilapidated shed.

He's had several hours of private dining with his mama this evening, and seems to be feeling better and better. It will take awhile before he's out of the woods, but his prognosis is a nanobit better today than it was yesterday.

He's live on the VIP cam for now at https://vip.tinykittens.com

His four rambunctious brothers are having a superfun time with Amelia, Orville and Wilbur in a different area of the same room: https://livestream.com/tinykittens/floofy

Honored Contributor

@Marp@MyShadowLove@dooBdoo

How long was I gone? A gurl can't take a week off on vacation without mayhem? 

When I last looked, there was sweet Starling and her 6 babbehs. 

I gotta go over and see what's happening.

Honored Contributor

ALERT ALERT ALERT

Onslaught of floofiness 

Cannot retreat because of extra cuteness

Must surrender when you know you cannot win