Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey

Sure, comin' right upCat LOL

Just made some last week, although the crab wasn't local. 

We won't have good local crabs for a few months.  I'm not "native" to the state and don't like picking crabs myself.  DH likes it, but says it takes too long to get enough enough to eat, so I buy the big snow crab clusters for him. 

I think the "picking" thing is mostly an excuse to drink pitchers of beerCat LOL  People seem to love the ritual of it, though.

I stick to crab cakes now and then when I am willing to pay the price for it!

About those kitty ears, Shelly sure loves digging them out, doesn't sheCat LOL

That woman is forever cleaning gunk out of kitty ears, but I'm sure those ferals have mites and terrible build up.  Poor things!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman lol I wasn't expecting you to catch the crabs. Everytime I visit areas where I think there is good seafood, fried 'em, on the halfshell, butter and lemon 'em up.

Love lobster rolls at Abbott's in CT, oysters and clams on the halfshell or fried. Not a fan of mussels but love softshell crab. Or give me a mallet and lay down some newspapers cause I'm going to town. I dig out every piece of meat as Shelly umm.... TMI

@Marp@MyShadowLove@dooBdoo @Witchy Womanthose orange cats look like stuffed animals, all floofy and soft.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp@Witchy Woman@Yahooey....Did I hear someone mention Maryland Crab Cakes!...They are the best!

@Witchy Woman...On our way home from a vacation in Virginia Beach several years ago, my husband and I got off of an exit in Maryland to stretch our legs and get something to eat....We found ourselves in the middle of this little quaint downtown area that had a five-and-dime store...It was located near a restaurant where we had the best crab cakes ever!...We thought that we had stepped back in time!...I don't recall the name of the little town, but it was so cozy and had a very warm feeling!

@Marp...Wow...$60,000...That is a year's salary for many middle-class workers!...I hope that Shelly doesn't have to eventually go to YouTube, as Foster Dad John did...The viewing just isn't the same and it isn't as personal either.

@Yahooey...The "Pumpkins" are absolutely gorgeous and the "Great Pumpkin" is so regal and stunning!...I just checked in tonight and the Cam is now in another room...I went back in the timeline and I counted about nine cats...They all seem to be doing quite well and Shelly has the window open so they are able to go out on the Catio.Cat Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Hi, @Yahooey, @MyShadowLove, @Witchy Woman, @Marp!    @MyShadowLove,  Your posts are so delightful!   You have a way of putting a smile on my face, and I thank you for that.   Don't worry about the techy stuff...   in my case, it always came natural to me plus I spent most of my life working with computers, so I usually can figure out what's happening.  Not always...  but usually.   

@Witchy Woman,  The crab sounds glorious!    It once was one of my favorite foods, and then suddenly I became highly allergic to it.   What a shocker and a disappointment!    I'm glad others can still partake and enjoy, though.     Thanks for all the updates, everyone.   I agree, those pumpkin cats look like the softest, puffy cotton.   How beautiful all the kitties are.   I'm still not up to speed, don't know all the names, and I need to read the fixathon page with the kitty profiles to see who's who.    I just looked in a  couple of hours ago and saw Shelly's boots as she scooped up a carrier or two in one of the rooms -- according to the chatters, she was taking someone(s) back to their original forest/barn situation.    She also posted a lovely video on Facebook about the fixathon, the outcomes so far, the people who have been reached by the program, and her thanks to all who made it possible.    So inspiring.   Take care, everyone!

❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Waving hi to everyone. I watched a bit today - I peeked at 3am and there was a lot of action in the room. In the daytime, most of them were sleeping and using another as a pillow.

Of course the chatters knew which is which - I saw 4 orange floofy cats but they already named Wee Pumpkin as Wumpkin. Lol He was also the one that was running around playing and eating constantly. Since Wumpkin wasn't fixed, he was much more active and having at least an ounce of mites removed (eww) made him giddy.

Those pumpkins are too cute - the chatters knew which was which, of course I'm already lost lol
Honored Contributor

Update - just saw a video of Floofermelon and Rocky packed up to be released. I wonder why they didn't try to socialize them more.
Honored Contributor

yahooey wrote:
Update - just saw a video of Floofermelon and Rocky packed up to be released. I wonder why they didn't try to socialize them more.

@Yahooey,  The others know more about this than I, but I believe one reason is the fact that it takes a long time to socialize and then it's harder to find people willing to adopt the older ferals.   They also have additional complications, with Shelly's limited participation and the expansion to more colonies, and it seems to me they can't spend as much time working with the adult kitties before they could be approved for adoption.   From reading the posts on Facebook and on the Livestream cam chat, I think the property owners in some locations were also happy to have some of the stronger, healthier (the ones that can be relatively safe in the colony environment) kitties returned to them.  

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo it makes total sense on why some would be returned to their colonies. The barn and other locations seems nice, they are thriving and are fed daily.

It seems everyone has fallen for Wumplin, he is adorable - ear mites or not.

Honored Contributor

yahooey wrote:

@dooBdoo it makes total sense on why some would be returned to their colonies. The barn and other locations seems nice, they are thriving and are fed daily.

It seems everyone has fallen for Wumplin, he is adorable - ear mites or not.

@Yahooey,  Wumplin is adorable❤️ and he instantly melts hearts, much like Cassidy does.    No doubt he will always have lots of long-distance "aunts" and "uncles" who will follow him online no matter where he finds his home.

Honored Contributor

funz wid wumpkin and mumpkin

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 5.06.12 PM.png

In livestream, i can't seem to go back to time stamps to view visits. I keep placing my mouse and never pops up as a timeline.