Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

@Yahooey, those are the ugly emoties that are offered since the change in the board.  There have been a lot of requests to have them improved.

Based on the tipped ear the other cat with Neelix I believe that would be Maravel.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey@Marp...Thanks so much for posting the picture of precious (((((((Neelix)))))))...I've missed her and haven't seen any videos or updates posted for a few days now.

So, I had a very happy surprise when I logged in this morning and saw the "Live Cam" for Neelix, Sloaney, Maravel & Savina...I hope it stays as I love being able to follow the progress of the ferals, just as we were able to do with Sloaney, Sisko & Mila...It looks like all is going well and Neelix is so playful...jumping around and being just like a kitten!...It looks like her, Sloaney & Maravel are progressing very well together!...My heart is singing for all three of them! Heart

I also just read in Chat that Savina is going back to the happy forest today...She has really had a difficult time in confinement and my heart goes out to her...I was thinking that, just maybe, after her spay, she would start showing some signs of socialization potential, but it doesn't appear that will be happening...I do believe that the most wonderful time she has ever experienced in her feral life was being able to have a safe and secure place to nurture and enjoy her babies...Savina adjusted very well during this time and watching her with her babies was such a beautiful, heartwarming sight!...Now, she has let Shelly know that she is ready to go back to the happy forest, so I am feeling relieved for her while, at the same time, hoping that we will see the same miracle with her as we have seen with Sloaney!...Stay Safe & Healthy ((((((Savina))))))). Heart

Meanwhile, Skye and her "kittehs" are just too adorable for words! Heart

added note:...I had to change over to Chrome browser for the notification feature to work for me?

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heart Savina is back home in her happy forest! Heart 

(click on "video" and it will take you right to her release...That beautiful precious face says it all!)

I think most of you will join me in breathing a big sigh of relief that feral Savina is finally home.

She was an exceptional mama to Brae, Chas, Fraser and... Hudson, but was not able to feel safe or happy around humans. She spent 8 days recovering in our Feral Ward after her spay, removal of a bone fragment in the roof of her mouth, and mild mastitis. She did not enjoy her additional stay, but we didn't want to risk her mastitis turning life-threatening out in the forest.

Savina has no idea how much better her life will be now that she doesn't have to spend 100% of her energy reproducing. Right now she is healthy and free, and I guarantee she is feeling truly safe for the first time in two months. We care for the ferals in Savina's colony of 200+ cats every day, so she will have food and shelter, and if she ever changes her mind about us she has an open invitation to return to TK HQ.

I know this decision may be difficult to understand, but it would have been heartbreakingly unkind to force Savina to remain in captivity with humans when she was so fearful of us. Each feral is different, and we have a moral obligation to make this decision based on what is best for each individual cat. At this time, I am 100% confident Savina belongs with her family and friends in the forest. But who can predict what will happen a year from now? Smiley Wink

Bon Voyage, Savina! See you soon. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Are you a very special human looking for two VERY special cats?

Petra's mommy Neelix is looking for a very special home, along with her best friend Maravel! Get to know them on our livestream at TinyKittens.com/surprise

Both kitties started life feral and never knew human love until we brought them in. Maravel is a gentle soul who we neutered last year and returned because he was still feral at that time. After a year of interacting with him at our feeding stations, he has completely come around, and just LOVES being petted, and will purr and purr.

Neelix was trapped and brought in when she was pregnant, so she could have her last litter of kittens somewhere safe. Now that her kitten duties are over for good, she is starting to discover that as long as Maravel is by her side, life with humans isn't so bad! She has started playing for the first time in her life, and loves being petted once she gets to know you.

Maravel is further along in his socialization, and Neelix is at the beginning of her journey. They are looking for a quiet home with humans who understand where they came from and will keep working to earn their trust and show them the delights of life with humans.

Maravel has had an untreated upper respiratory infection for at least the last year. We have started treatment, but in some cases a persistent cat cold can cause permanent damage to his nasal passages. We aren't sure how he will respond to treatment, but we are hopeful that proper nutrition, lower stress and diligent treatment will dramatically improve or eliminate his stuffy nose. It could take a few months to improve, or it could be something he deals with his whole life, so we are looking for a family that will provide him with the best medical care. Other than his stuffy nose, he is very healthy.

Maravel and Neelix are VERY special cats, and I guarantee they will give you back so much more than you give them. Both cats are 2-3 years old, very playful, and have SUCH a great story! <3

If you or someone you know is looking for two very special companions-for-life, please consider Maravel and Neelix! To apply, go to TinyKittens.com/adopt

Tinykittens's photo.
Esteemed Contributor

pink kitty purring hug smiley Marp, Oh such wonderful news!...I am sooooo purrrrrfectly happy and thrilled to read the latest update about Neelix & Maravel!...It will be wonderful to see them go into a very special home together with very special "hoomans" where they can experience and enjoy a more normal home environment together ...It is so precious to watch how Neelix finds such comfort and security in being with Maravel and how they have bonded with each other!...Weren't Sloaney & Maravel an "item"...lol...when they were first brought in?...It now appears that Sloaney has become somewhat jealous at times so, after reading the latest update, it looks like Shelly has decided that it would be better for Sloaney to be adopted on her own...Also, it would be easier to find a home for two cats rather than three...I'm sure though that Sloaney would do fine in a home with another cat also...Sloaney has proven to be the one who has actually helped the socialization progress along!...Who would have thought!...Amazing and so precious!....Keeping my paws crossed that there are some very special "hoomans" who will open their hearts to them!...Their homes will be so blessed beyond words! Heart 

Honored Contributor

wakies wakies - no sleepies - plai timez 

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 4.08.49 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey, I have one thing to say about this crew--they play and play and play but never get tired.  They go from full court press to total exhaustion with no stops in between.

Now, if there were just some way to transfuse kitten energy into aging human bodies ....

Honored Contributor

@Marp

how many kittehs are there?

i just see multiples of gingers, tuxies and tabbies

of course I recognize Farrah cause she is so different but that's about it

chatters are really taken with Belfie (sp)???

Where is Skye? Is she at the sink spa?

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey, I believe there are 11 kittens.  I can't keep them straight so while the names ring a bell I can't really match the name to the kitten.

Skye has free range but I've read about her returning to the sink for her "me" time.  I hope the person(s) that adopt her have a seldom used guest bathroom or double sinks in the master.  An available sink should be an adoption requirement for her.

Honored Contributor

chasing feather thingie must be fun - a gazillion kittehs can't be wrong

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 4.24.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 4.25.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 4.25.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 4.26.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 4.26.50 PM.png