Honored Contributor

Re: Eve, Sloaney and Kitten Cams

Whaaat???

Yams and Trudies - I don't know what that is code for. I'm so lost since I don't follow the whole house. Too much for this little brain to handle.

I've been watching just Skye and her brood. She is such a loving mom. I hope she gets a wonderful furever home. Do they know if she can keep her sight in one eye?

I swear those kittens should be able to go to litter box and baff themselves. It's the equilvalent of having a 3 year old that's not toilet trained lol.

Esteemed Contributor

LOL @Yahooey, tinykitten speak can get confusing.  The Yams and Trudles are the nicknames given to Sable's kittens.  The gingers became The Yams because they were yam shaped and colored and Trudles is from Trudie.

The last I heard no decision has been made about Skye's eye and there is no definitive prognosis.  I believe she has some sight but it is unknown if it will get worse or stay the same. 

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp@Yahooey & All Tinykitten Fans,

Heart Well, look who dropped by to say Meowz To Everyone...looking as beautiful as ever! Heart

People for Happier Cats's photo.
People for Happier Cats
13 hrs ·

Former ‪#‎catermelon‬ Sisko would like to send a HUGE thank mew to Earth Options Pet Food by Pets First for the tasty and high quality kibble they donate every ...month to feed her and the rest of the 200+ feral cats at our feeding station!

Being able to feed a consistent diet of nutritious food makes a huge difference in the health and well-being of these cats, and we are extremely grateful for Earth Options' ongoing generosity and support. heart emoticon

And did you know they also donate 10% of the proceeds from any food purchased from them if you mention TinyKittens when you order? And that they deliver? It's a great deal for everyone! You can find out more on their facebook page (linked above) or their website.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove

@Marp

Be still my heart - HeartSiskoHeart looks so happy and full figured and at least we all know she isn't pregnant. Thanks Wildflowers. There are so many pages, links and sites and I rely on all of you to keep you in the loop. I guess Sisko has a special spot since that was when I began watching and I remembered her and Mila.

Do not ask me the names of all the kittens roaming about or their mothers. That I can't remember except for Skye HeartHeartHeart

Esteemed Contributor

Caution:  When you go to watch the video be sure to have tissues nearby.

Here's how the story ends for Tiberius, the feral cat who spent three days with his head stuck inside a jar.

Impossible rescues like this become possible when people care enough to do something. This rescue was possible thanks to Gwen, Lorie, Dave, Kimsies, our Property Owner, many caring neighbors, Mountain View Veterinary Hospital, and especially Debbie and Tegan. Thank you so much for fighting so hard to help a feral cat most wouldn't think was worth saving. heart emoticon

Here's more about our work to care more compassionately for feral cats: TinyKittens.com/ferals

Music: "Wayfaring Stranger" by Return to Normal (https://soundcloud.com/mlucas)

https://www.facebook.com/tinykittens

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yahooey...I knew that you would be thrilled to see beautiful Sisko...It is so wonderful to see her looking so healthy and content and I love how her little tongue is showing after munching down some of that delectable, delicious "fudz" that those wonderful "hoomans" bring every day...such an adorable picture! Heart

I first discovered "Tinykittens" through Marp's thread back in June of last year and, at that time, Shelly was on her quest to expand the TNR program at LAPS to actually trying to foster a pregnant feral cat in her home...Sloaney was the first feral for me and then followed by Sisko & Mila and they immediately captured my heart and my journey began from there...Now, my heart is overflowing for all of them and my emotions especially run the gamut for the ferals! Heart

@Marp...I have been wondering about Tiberius!...The last I had heard was that the neighbors who were caring for him at the colony had visited him while he was recuperating at TKHQ from his heartwrenching ordeal...I am so happy that he has such wonderful, caring people who have opened their home to him and, hopefully, he will eventually journey right into their home and take over...I see that he also has a friend at their house...I have no doubt that he is now so much more trusting of "hoomans" after experiencing their love and nurturing! Heart 

Thanks for the "caution" regarding tissues needed to view the video...such happy tears though which are the best! Heart

Heart ((((((((((((Neelix))))))))))) Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@Marp Thank you for posting the video of Tiberius - I too was wondering about him and glad that he has hoomans that love him.

@MyShadowLove you were right, that photo of HeartHeartSiskoHeartHeart made my day

I don't know how they can remember all those names of the ferals in the colony. At least in the wild, whales are tagged and they can easily identify them (name, rank and serial number).

gotta get my Skye fix now 

Esteemed Contributor

@Yahooey, I'm right there with you about how the group can remember the names and even recognize who is who.  So many look so similar.  Guess we have to chalk it up to familarity.  I know I could pick any of my cats out of a crowd--likely even by the sound of their meow, how they feel when petted and maybe even smell--but that is a whole lot different than recognizing/identifying so many living in the wild.

Honored Contributor

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 2.30.47 PM.png

That yam was using his brother or sister as a stepping stool for his great escape! Amber alert STAT! Okay, I was late to the party as usual and catching up on an old clip of a yam takeover. 

pssst - I still don't know who's who but that's okay. A cutie pie is a cutie pie no matter what the fluffy outside is.

Honored Contributor

Sorry  - one more time

I see larger kittens  - yam and tortie visitig Neelix (so it says on the title video)

Tortie and yams belong to which mama? Is the Mama still in the house or was she returned to the happy forrest. That would be Savina or Sable?

Neelix has younger babies and is more accepting of hoomans? She may be adopted out?

Of course, then there is Skye with the latest birth but has ginormous babies. I remember her because she has beautiful markinngs (and blind) and the others are all stripey? 

whew! is that it?