Respected Contributor

We are again on evacuation alert here in Santa Cruz mountains - big storm hitting us tomorrow through Friday possibly 9-10" rain causing debris flow flooding from fires last year- of course all our power will go as it is flickering on and off now wait lists here for generators!

Reading local comments lots people saying they are staying put as last time we were out of homes 3 weeks and more.

All in all not a good 2021 so far plus GD told by Dr. her twins maybe born anytime now!  Think I'll have a cuppa before power goes then afraid only wine available yahoo!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich Praying everything goes well for you & your family!  Hope the weather changes for the better!

Respected Contributor

Hoping all goes well for you and your family. Take care aand prayers coming your way.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich  How frightening! Do you have a generator? 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Not yet now on wait list but most roads closed here now so not risking going out to search stores as may not be able to get back.

Honored Contributor

Re: Evacuation Again!

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Not yet now on wait list but most roads closed here now so not risking going out to search stores as may not be able to get back.

We bought a Generac whole house generator a year ago.  We have two big propane tanks it runs off of. It runs everything except the furnace. We have  two wood stoves if needed. When the power goes off, the generator already hooked up to the electric panel turns on automatically and it is like we have electricity....no worry about food going bad...TV and Internet and lights.   It was  an expensive purchase....but for the peace of mind worth every penny. Nothing much worse than no power🙁

Honored Contributor

@dulwich.  You Californians must really love that place and have endless patience with it.  After all you've been through with disruptions in your lives, I'd be looking for some other place to live.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I honestly cannot imagine dealing with evacuation, especially when it happens regularly like in wildfire areas or hurricane zones. 

I hope and pray everything will be ok and you will suffer no damage and as little stress as possible. Keep us posted!

Esteemed Contributor

It may not be the wisest thing to do, but if I were ever told to evacuate where I live, I think I would stay put.  I hope things work out for the best for all of you in California.  Your state is always in the news for one thing or another.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Re: Evacuation Again!

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips   I feel the same as you - as do most of the people on our road DH and I just had conversation about 'staying put'.  We will see.  Last time it was a fiasco that went on nearly a month.

They hype everything so much - live bulletins, may or may not get 10" rain, heavy winds,no power,  etc., about what may or may not happen to the point where you get so stressed out and today no wind here, no rain and sun is out and we have power!   Who know's what tomorrow will bring!