Respected Contributor

Wow!!  How much fun to watch them.  An entire herd of deer, and nothing cuter than the little fawns with the spots and big brown eyes scampering about.

I'm lucky to see 1 deer where I live now (SE coastal area).  In the NE I used to see plenty of deer.  I guess its too warm down here for them to thrive, although I know there are deer here.

I could watch a herd like that for as long as they linger around.  How fun.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

@MamaWick 

Im sooooo jealous all we ever see are alligators passing thru our back lawn on way to the pond one house down..  I'd much reacher have those beautiful animals instead!

Thanks for sharing ...they are amazing🙂🙂🙂

Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  Have you ever seen this many deer in your yard before?

Afraid I shall have to rescind my request to live in your backyard and help clean the deer doo-doo.  I'd be too busy going ga-ga over them to get much work done.  Woman LOL

Maybe it's just this crazy year when we all need some beauty and joy in our lives??

Again, thank you for posting.

Denise
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick  Looks like Santa's boot camp for reindeer.  

I'd love to share my yard with your herd.  Love that it was theirs before yours, and thank you for sharing or should we thank the deer for allowing you to live on your land.  I see a children's book. Maybe I'll come and visit to do my research for one.  

any news of the buck with the wonky antler?  I hope he's ok.  

Have you taken any video?  Love to see that too.  Power to the deer.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@jellyBEAN  I live in Texas and it's hotter than heck...lol.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Eighteen total

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1  I'd be fascinated with alligators, too.  But I definitely would not get as close!

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Esteemed Contributor

@denisemb  this was a record for us!

As for cleaning up the yard, it is small.  PapaWick and I have a system, and are done in about 10 minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvzchiz  that was the only time we saw that buck.  We hope he is okay, too.  The game warden said there was nothing he could do.  I do believe that antler was loose, so I'm hoping it drops off when he starts to rub the velvet off, or it just falls off spontaneously. 

Can video even be loaded of this forum?

Honored Contributor

WOW!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”