Honored Contributor

Re: Ebay- anyone ever purchase from international seller?

A few small items from China, no problems.

Trusted Contributor

gidgetgh, yes. my husband bought a big ticket item from Japan. good correspondence with the seller, easy transaction, and she shipped immediately. he received it in no time. I hope you'll have the same experience!

Trusted Contributor

gidgetgh, he buys only if the seller has a 100% rating, and PayPal does help if something goes awry with the sale. give it a shot!

Honored Contributor

Not only do I sell on eBay but I have purchased a lot over the years.  I've purchased Designer handbags from Japan (Louis Vuitton) and have never had a problem.  Japan has (on average) some of the most honest eBay Sellers from the Orient.  I recommend Japanese sellers, and if you ever want to buy a Louis Vuitton be sure and ask them about any "sticky pocket" issues (they will usually disclose this) but the humidity in Japan is so high that this problem occurs with LV's Vuittonette linings and sometimes the pockets will stick together and become useless....

But you are also protected by eBay's Buyer guarantee.... eBay will reimburse you and then go after the seller if need be.  They will freeze a seller's Paypal accout until there is a resolution.  These cases actually go into arbitration with an arbitration team that will determine a refund or not.   

I'd say go for it and enjoy your new purchase.  BTW, my shipping times were very fast... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I purchased a pair of long white leather gloves from the Czech Republic and they arrived promptly. My latest purchase is some boot/shoe jewelry and it is from China. Not coming so quickly. Everything else was from a US seller, and there were no issues with shipping times.

Esteemed Contributor

I've purchased with no issues but it does take a long time to arrive 

Honored Contributor

Yep; several times over the years, mainly the UK and Australia.

Never had an issues.

You already checked her rating, plus you have Paypal's global buyer protection.

Go for it.  8)

Respected Contributor

About a year ago, I was browsing some fashion statement necklaces on eBay and saw one that looked exactly like the multi-floral statement necklace that was in the Joan Rivers collection.  

I purchased it from a seller in China for a fraction of the price with free shipping.  It took about ten days to get here, but to my surprise it was the exact necklace that JR sold on the Q.  Everytime I wear it, I get many compliments.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

I would think if you use PayPal it's safe. Years ago I purchased a lovely strand of pearls from Japan. They were $28.00 and I sent a check. Three weeks later my bank called wanting to know if I was in Bejing! Someone wa writing a check, on my account, for nearly $700.00! The pearls came and my jeweler said they were good quality, but if my bank hadn't caught it, they would have been very expensive pearls!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

Numerous times!  When I was selling I also shipped Internationaly quite a few times.    The only buyer who ever ripped me off was right here in the US.  The only seller who ever ripped me off was also in the US.

Fortunately, for me, those things only happened once (one time as a buyer and one time as a seller) over quite a few years of buying and selling on ebay.

I don't go there very much anymore.   I stopped selling many years ago when they stopped supporting the sellers like they used to.  One problem, since the sellers could no longer leave negs for buyers is that you never know who is going to rip you off.

As a buyer I'm super selective.   But country of origin for the seller isn't on the top of the list of elements that concern me.  Smiley Happy