Respected Contributor

I have used easy pay and I do like it but like someone else said you have to be careful and keep track of it.  It's a nice tool but you do have to be careful.  Credit is not a bad thing, if used wisely.

Respected Contributor

I find Easy Pay is not easy to track on my credit card or in my budget-you have to check if the payment is not continuing if you return an item. So I just bite the bullet and single-pay. If I don't want such a large charge on my card in a month, I don't order the item. Easier for me to budget that way. 

If you have a budget where a large ticket item is easier to afford over four-six months, I can understand. But you have to write down that now, over the next months, you have a charge that you've "spent" already out of your budget. I don't know that people do that, but if you budget, you should. 

Honored Contributor

In all the years I've had easy pay items, I've been fortunate never to have found an error.  I love having it - for me it's a kind of brake on impulsive spending.  I see what I owe and say that's enough.  Ironically, I could afford to pay off everything and buy more, but that's not in my DNA. 

Yes, it's a hook, but it also means I can leave my dollars in the bank (hardly worth anything nowadays) and it's a hook I like way better than $10 off on your next purchase. That hook pulls us in to spend again and is great if you were going to do that anyway, but not great if you want to save long-term.  Ir just sets up a nasty cycle.

Honored Contributor

The difference between easy pay and using a credit card is - no interest. People who would say - I would never use easy pay - then turn around and put things on a cc and don't pay off the total for a few months - they are paying interest.  Easy pay is definately a better deal.

People should certainly not blame QVC because they are not able to control themselves and get into huge EP payments because of their own lack of control. That is on them - not on QVC. 

Respected Contributor

Easy pay does not entice me to buy a product.  

What entices me is a quality product and reasonable price. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kjae wrote:

The danger with easy pay is that you CAN forget what your monthly payment adds up to and then you put additional items on easy pay and before you know it your payment to the Q is $700 +. Of course, no interest is great but you can get yourself in trouble if you don't write it down somewhere.  

You don't need to write anything down. If you go into the My Orders section of your account, you can select Easy Pay.  You can see not just what you ordered on easy pay, but a monthly listing of the payments due on each item and total owed by month. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Got me too!

I had a bracelet on wish list, it finally went on clearance AND during the jewelry weekend, with 5 EPs.

Couldn't help myself!

@mzlg wrote:

Yes, I swallowed the hook ... I took the bait of the   3 Evil Pays.  I have had a bracelet for one of my daughters in my Wish List - it was a Last Clicks item (J320992).  Apparently, it was the last one in Sterling Silver (all others were clad - I don't purchase clad) and it  is now "Processing". 

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Pay Hooks!

[ Edited ]

You can end up paying interest on easy pay if you put the easy pay payments on a credit card and don't pay off the card every month. 

I use easypay from QVC, flexpay from HSN, Stretchpay from JTV and Valuepay from Evine.  However, I am very careful not to have more payments than I can keep up with and I don't put things on easypay that will be gone before I make my last easypayment. 

I don't buy food from any channel but if I did, I wouldn't be interested in putting a ham on 6 payments.  I also wouldn't buy summer clothing right now on 4, 5 or 6 payments because I don't want to pay for items that I can't use.

I didn't buy anything last night.

Respected Contributor

Re: Easy Pay Hooks!

[ Edited ]

I do occasionally use ezpay and I'll tell you why.  After paying off our cards we didn't want them closed from inactivity because let's face it, sometimes you need a credit card (renting a car or hotel room) so  I'll purchase something and spread it out.  I have very low balances around $200 on each of my 2 cards. 

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I do occasionally use ezpay and I'll tell you why.  After paying off our cards we didn't want them closed from inactivity because let's face it, sometimes you need a credit card (renting a car or hotel room) so  I'll purchase something and spread it out.  I have very low balances around $200 on each of my 2 cards. 

You don't have to carry a balance or use a card monthly to keep it active and open. We have one card we use for groceries, gasoline etc, because it is a rewards card, and another we keep just for emergencies. We rarely use that second card - maybe once every 6 months or so, but it stays open & active.