Trusted Contributor

I applaud you, Moonchilde.

Honored Contributor

I never buy on EP before checking under my account to see what is already on there.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Nothing wrong with flex pay that I can see. Smaller payments/no interest/no lay-a-way plan, ships with 1flex pay.  

Now you can either control how much money you spend in increments or in 1 payment. If lower payments entices you to buy more, the problem cannot be blamed on flex payments. The problem is with the customer's inability to control their money.

I worked with many men that could not carry a $5 bill in their pocket because they will spend it. Is it the $5 bill's problem, or the person that cannot control their spending?

I rest my case,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

What is wrong with easy pay is that it is debt. A lot of the things people can buy will have little to no value when payments are still being made. QVC will sell food on easy pay that will be long gone when the customer is still making payments.  A used mascara Is worthless in 5 months.

Respected Contributor

I just logged on s few minutes ago, I have burgundy boots and bags on my wishlist and I might purchase both with the pop up Easy Pay if it's still available.  I'm an adult, I actually have free will and functioning brain, like all the other Q v c shoppers.  If we use Easy Pay, we do it because we decide to take advantage of it, not because Q vc uses mind control...lol.  Get over yourself... lol

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@kjae wrote:

The danger with easy pay is that you CAN forget what your monthly payment adds up to and then you put additional items on easy pay and before you know it your payment to the Q is $700 +. Of course, no interest is great but you can get yourself in trouble if you don't write it down somewhere.  

$700+ in EASY PAYS? 

I have never, and will never DREAM of buying that much merchandise from QVC over 2-3 months.  IMO anyone who does that more than once, or even once, has "shopping issues."

I also honestly can't conceive of "forgetting" how much I've bought and how much is coming out of my bank account.  

I think the day I forget how much I've bought and how much I still owe is the day I realize I have a shopping problem. I can thankfully say that has never happened to me but I would never use easy pay and I never carry a balance on a credit card and haven't for well over 20 years.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Easy Pay Hooks!

[ Edited ]

Yes, I swallowed the hook ... I took the bait of the   3 Evil Pays.  I have had a bracelet for one of my daughters in my Wish List - it was a Last Clicks item (J320992).  Apparently, it was the last one in Sterling Silver (all others were clad - I don't purchase clad) and it  is now "Processing". 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@ECBG

Nothing wrong with flex pay that I can see. Smaller payments/no interest/no lay-a-way plan, ships with 1flex pay.  

Now you can either control how much money you spend in increments or in 1 payment. If lower payments entices you to buy more, the problem cannot be blamed on flex payments. The problem is with the customer's inability to control their money.

I worked with many men that could not carry a $5 bill in their pocket because they will spend it. Is it the $5 bill's problem, or the person that cannot control their spending?

I rest my case,

hckynut(john)

@hckynut,My point exactly!  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

It's not a "hook" for me.  I choose to never use E/P.  If I can't pay the whole thing off at once, then I don't buy it.

Honored Contributor

Just like credit cards, you can get in trouble with easy pay if you order too much.  But why make fun of easy pay?   It's the only way some people can afford something they need/want.  If you can pay full price, great.  But don't ridicule those who might use easy pay on occasion.