Respected Contributor

Re: East Coasters, Are You Ready For Joaquin?

The local NYC noon news indicated that the forecast has improved for our area.  That does not mean that it cannot change over the weekend.

Honored Contributor

Strengthened now to a Category 4. Woman Surprised

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I watched Al Roker on MSNBC and there are three paths the storm could take.

MAJOR rain and flooding in NC and VA

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Trusted Contributor

Spoiler

Do most who live in these flood prone areas have added flood insurance?  It would seem like it would be mandatory.

Honored Contributor

@june22 wrote:
Spoiler

Do most who live in these flood prone areas have added flood insurance?  It would seem like it would be mandatory.

yes, ......it is not mandatory, but we do have national flood insurance for our home. it is around $400 a year. it isnt the best, but it is our only choice. would not be without it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

via twitter

acklins bahamas

Embedded image permalink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I'm on the GA coast, all we're expecting is more rain....ugh.

I hope those in it's path stay safe!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

via twitter

acklins bahamas

Embedded image permalink

My neighbors are supposed to leave on a cruise from Baltimore on Saturday for the Bahamas.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@151949I think you're going to be just fine on your trip --as long as you stay inland from Pittsburg south.

I have good friends who are hoping to get on the Autotrain in the next few days after a quick visit near Anapolis.  Now they could have an issue with flooding.  But we all just have to wait and see where everything tracks.

I'll be here on Long Island, just hoping we maintain power all next week. I have enough food, enough flashlights, and enough reading material for storm days if we end up with a storm.  Mother Nature isn't very co-operative about revealing her intentions right now, is she?

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom

i wonder if they will be canceling that cruise.....or delaying it?

governor hogan has now declared a state of emergency for maryland. flooding is expected to happen at the delmarva beaches beginning sometime tomorrow. of course all of the ocean towns are asking people NOT to come down to the beach areas. i will be going down sometime next week.....towards the end of the week though.