Honored Contributor

Re: East Coasters, Are You Ready For Joaquin?

i know @MyGirlsMom !

unbelievable photos from so many areas......especially from south carolina.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

MyGirlsMom wrote:

U.S. Cargo ship with 33 crewman missing in the Atlantic..

they were talking about this on our noon news today.......they have found some of the bodies of those crewman. they had gone missing quite close to the eye of the storm when it was a category 4. very sad.......

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/05/us/el-faro-missing-ship-hurricane-joaquin/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Update from my area of SC - rained heavy all night. Had a brief break in the rain this morning but it has started again and might go through the night. Rivers, ponds are swollen beyond belief. Roads are flooded and some are washed out. We had as many as 400 road closures. Malls and the Post Office are closed, UPS is not making any deliveries either. Friends of ours in Columbia told us water is close to their house.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching the news reports since the weekend and I can't believe my eyes.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Update from my area of SC - rained heavy all night. Had a brief break in the rain this morning but it has started again and might go through the night. Rivers, ponds are swollen beyond belief. Roads are flooded and some are washed out. We had as many as 400 road closures. Malls and the Post Office are closed, UPS is not making any deliveries either. Friends of ours in Columbia told us water is close to their house.

Riley1, I hope you and your family are safe.  I could not believe the pictures I saw today from your home state.

My husband was lucky as he attended a football far inland.  He said it rained cats and dogs but he did not encounter any real flooding.  His flight was only a few minutes late.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you @sunshine45 for all of your photos.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

Not raining by me - finally! We are good just keeping an eye on the river. We are very thankful and our hearts go out to those who are in more dangerous areas.

Honored Contributor

If there's one video that shows the scope of the Carolina flood damage, it's this new drone video courtesy Carolina Aerial Imaging. Look at all the debris after the Lexington Mill Pond dam breach.

Old Mill Pond Dam Breach, Lexington, SC 10.5.15
#SCFlood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUYHFIkoEJ0

Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

Riley1, I hope you and your family are safe.  I could not believe the pictures I saw today from your home state.

My husband was lucky as he attended a football far inland.  He said it rained cats and dogs but he did not encounter any real flooding.  His flight was only a few minutes late.

I watched that game Saturday night and that rain looked horrible. I wouldn't have wanted to sit through that! 

We were in Wayne County, NY and it was very, very windy driving there from Ohio Friday.  Saturday it drizzled all day and was very cold.  I could see my breath all day.  Sunday was sunny and beautiful. The perfect day.  We drove home yesterday in more perfect weather.

Those pictures are horrible.  I cannot even imagine the devastation. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@lulu2 wrote:

I watched that game Saturday night and that rain looked horrible. I wouldn't have wanted to sit through that! 

We were in Wayne County, NY and it was very, very windy driving there from Ohio Friday.  Saturday it drizzled all day and was very cold.  I could see my breath all day.  Sunday was sunny and beautiful. The perfect day.  We drove home yesterday in more perfect weather.

Those pictures are horrible.  I cannot even imagine the devastation. 

@Lipstickdiva, I am certainly glad I did not have to sit out in the deluge and watch that game.  I think the coach stinks!

Happy belated 25th anniversary.