Esteemed Contributor

East Coasters, Are You Ready For Joaquin?

Honored Contributor

Re: East Coasters, Are You Ready For Joaquin?

one of the spaghetti models has it hitting the maryland area pretty hard, but of course nothing is set in stone at this point.

we had a lot of rain yesterday, dreary drizzle all day today, another round of heavy rains tomorrow, and joaquin maybe sunday/monday?

i guess as it gets closer to the weekend we will know a bit more.

one GREAT thing......cooler weather beginning tomorrow and i am all for it! tired of the 80 degree days and humidity. it is supposed to drop into the low 60s which is PERFECT for me......and even cooler at night.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't watched any news or read anything online (weather) for the past 3 days, so this is the first I am hearing of this. My aunt is flying in this Friday for my moms bday and we were all planning on going to the beach after we picked her up at the airport. I have been at work all day and my aunt called 3 times but I couldn't answer because I was busy. I am now thinking this is probably what she was calling about. I am going to check and see how close this will be to us and if we can still go. Major bummer, I was looking forward to going.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We had a LOT of rain yesterday and today is a continuous drizzle..

If the forecasters are correct, some areas will get up to 12 inches of rain. Woman Surprised

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

My area is cancelling and postponing all of the outdoor festivals for this weekend.

They just moved the Friday night football game to Thursday night.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

We are leaving on the 7th for our drive from Pittsburgh to Florida. I hope this storm is long gone by then. From what I see on the NWS hurricane site it looks like they don't expect anything from it but a lot of rain. I hope we don't have to postpone our trip home.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here at the Jersey shore, warnings seem to be taken more seriously since Sandy.  Hopefully the improvements in our rebuild will be sufficient.  Someone is coming tomorrow to move the porch furniture and make sure the shutters are fastened.

My husband will not be home until Sunday afternoon so depending on the forecast I will decide whether to stay here or move with the dog to the city.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

We are leaving on the 7th for our drive from Pittsburgh to Florida. I hope this storm is long gone by then. From what I see on the NWS hurricane site it looks like they don't expect anything from it but a lot of rain. I hope we don't have to postpone our trip home.

The rain should be gone by then but the forecasters are warning of flooding.  You'll have to be careful on your drive home.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I was just watching a video on NWS saying the next storm after Joaquin is already forming. It is expected to stay out in the Atlantic ocean but may delay Joaquin promptly moving on by us. Good grief!

Honored Contributor

We own several beach properties all along the Atlantic.  All flood zone A. 

The last one we bought is a the Jersey shore.  A surveyor was supposed to come out today to do the property line markers and let us know what the flooding elevation height is at. 

We may have to have the house raised up which I dread, but we want to for peice of mind.

It wasn't effected by Sandy.