Super Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Marp2 said:

I prefer to conserve electricity 24/7/365 not only for the earth but my budget too.

good answer

Valued Contributor

Sorry but no..

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Marp2 said:

I prefer to conserve electricity 24/7/365 not only for the earth but my budget too.

Me, too, but I'll do my part and participate.

Every bit, no matter how little, helps our planet.

Respected Contributor
On 3/28/2015 Marp2 said:

Well said.

ETA: that's what we do too.

Frequent Contributor

Nice idea, maybe something we can do more than once along with the other measures we take on a daily basis. I've always been somewhat of a earth maiden so perhaps I'll get my wood fire going and heat my house that way for the evening. It's going down to 8 degrees here tonight, but I've been without my furnace before on this cold a night and was able to heat the house with the wood fire. Cooking over it is awesome too!

Western New York
3,866 Posts
Frequent Contributor
On 3/28/2015 beammeupscottie said:
On 3/28/2015 Marp2 said:

Well said.

Hi Scottie! Miss posting with you sweetie.

Western New York
3,866 Posts
Respected Contributor
On 3/28/2015 rarejan said:
On 3/28/2015 beammeupscottie said:
On 3/28/2015 Marp2 said:

Well said.

Hi Scottie! Miss posting with you sweetie.

I was just about to say the same thing to you! You beat me to it. backatcha.

Honored Contributor
On 3/28/2015 rarejan said:

Nice idea, maybe something we can do more than once along with the other measures we take on a daily basis. I've always been somewhat of a earth maiden so perhaps I'll get my wood fire going and heat my house that way for the evening. It's going down to 8 degrees here tonight, but I've been without my furnace before on this cold a night and was able to heat the house with the wood fire. Cooking over it is awesome too!

What a great response, rarejan! I admit, if I heard of "Earth Hour" before I don't remember it, so I had to look it up. It's sponsored by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and it's meant to raise awareness. Some people might participate in a walk/run to raise awareness for their charity, but it doesn't mean they only support the cause for that one day. In the same way, those who participate in this event do so to raise awareness today but they also try to support the cause every day of every year.

Good for you for being a fellow "earth maiden!" Love that term, never heard it before, but I definitely will remember it!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I don't believe I have anything in my home that ""produces"" electricity. Perhaps I should invest in a generator. I do conserve using anything that ""uses"" electricity on a daily basis. All my appliances are high efficiency models. I don't think it would be wise to turn off my refrigerator for an hour. Wouldn't want to risk losing hundreds of dollars worth of frozen/refrigerated food.

I could walk though my house with Luminara flameless candles to guide my way starting at 8:30 though.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor
On 3/28/2015 RoughDraft said:

I don't believe I have anything in my home that "produces" electricity. Perhaps I should invest in a generator. I do conserve using anything that "uses" electricity on a daily basis. All my appliances are high efficiency models. I don't think it would be wise to turn off my refrigerator for an hour. Wouldn't want to risk losing hundreds of dollars worth of frozen/refrigerated food.

I could walk though my house with Luminara flameless candles to guide my way starting at 8:30 though.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hi, RD! My cat generates sparks when the humidity is low... does that count?{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova