Esteemed Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Are you participating?  At 8:30pm your time lights off one hour.............I am doing it.

@DowntonAbbey, I wasn't aware of this.  Sorry I didn't know because I could have done this with no problem.

You can do it anytime -- you just turn off all electronics for an hour.  It will help save the planet!

@Mellie32, I know that much duhhh.  I wanted to do it unison with others.  I do conserve in my home where I can because "I" pay the bills.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

Where I live I must pay for electricity; natural gas for my home to heat it and to have hot water; water and sewage fees.  I pay them.  So it's good common sense for me to reduce wastefulness because "I" benefit.

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

Where I live I must pay for electricity; natural gas for my home to heat it and to have hot water; water and sewage fees.  I pay them.  So it's good common sense for me to reduce wastefulness because "I" benefit.

Of course.  That makes perfect sense. 

Super Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

To really benefit you should do this every day, not just one hour a year.

Esteemed Contributor

@Elvita wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

To really benefit you should do this every day, not just one hour a year.

I guess you think I don't know how to lower my household bills....thanks anyway.

*Call Tyrone*
Valued Contributor

No I didn't. I hate the dark and we keep our living room well lit. 

Honored Contributor

@Elvita wrote:
Spoiler

No I will not participate because I think it is a foolish idea and no more than a token act.

@Elvita

Oh, absolutely not.  It's a gesture to make others aware of the need to conserve energy, and over the years it has been part of a movement that has changed many areas for the better.  There is no denying that if you take a look at the map showing differences in areas that work toward conservation, clean energy, water and air, and those who don't.

No one makes you support the care of the earth, you don't have to do anything, others have been making sure it happens. 

Honored Contributor

Re: EARTH HOUR TONIGHT

[ Edited ]

p.s.  There are two cars (on different blocks) that are left running each morning.  Without driver(s) present.  I guess that the owners are leaving their cars out there, warming up.  Around 20 minutes, more or less.  (On nice days; no snow; not cold, not hot, etc.) We slowly walk around the blocks, elderly dogs in tow, and those two car engines are still running in place.  Just another 'throw into the mix' comment. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Nice graft that you for sharing.  Looks like some really smart states.............many lacking..........such a shame.