Trusted Contributor

Are you participating?  At 8:30pm your time lights off one hour.............I am doing it.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the reminder.  I've done this before, but none of the neighbors do. Of course, most of my lights are normally out as I'm a fiend for not wasting electricity.

Honored Contributor

Nope. I'll have my radio on to my favorite talk station, plus a light on in one room as I'm not a fan of wandering around a dark house!

Honored Contributor

Sounds good to me.  We already have a fire in the fireplace and some candles lit, why not add a little romance to our Earth Hour?

Honored Contributor

I haven't heard anything about it.

Honored Contributor

NOPE!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Yes, indeed.  I don't have grandchildren but I care about those of others.

I also believe in the precept that we are called to be stewards of the earth.

Honored Contributor

No.

Five days without power three weeks ago was enough.

Most of our lights are off most of the time.

We have solar panels on the roof. 

We don't have any neighbors living close enough to bother impressing for an hour, if we cared about impressing people with how "green" and aware we are.

I can think of many other, more meaningful and lasting ways to honor Mother Earth. Plant a tree, for one, or donate to have one planted. Pick up trash in public places or fund organizations who do it. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Just to clarify, I don't do anything to impress people because it doesn't really matter to me what people I don't even know think of me.

I do things like turn of the light for an hour or wear red for women's heart health or take part in a protest march to bring awareness to an issue I strongly believe in.

I doubt most people do things like that to impress anyone.

Honored Contributor

I can do that, but I really need to get a big trash bag and walk along the road and pick up all the whiskey bottles, soda cans, beer cans,etc. I can't believe people are that uncaring to throw their garbage out the car window and soil our beautiful countryside.