Honored Contributor

Re: Drugs now kill more people than cars and guns

@Stormygirl

Yours was a really good post, informative and heart-felt.

Honored Contributor

More people now-a-days; more medications now-a-days; more people with available cash spending money (because of credit) now-a-days; more teens/teens with lots of spending money now-a-days.  More of everything now-a-days.  Good and bad. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

A couple of points some may not know:

Chronic pain can literally change the brain.  There needs to be some kind of pain reliever for people who need help managing pain.

Pain can prevent sleeping or sleeping well and that can have an effect on recovery or just making it through the day.  You don't get well when you should if you're up and suffering all night.

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl   Huge HUGE hugs to you. I DO understand the pain you are in.

My son also has a rare disease/condition and it is considered a suicide disease as well. He has discussed with his medical team his options and they agree medically assisted suicide is there for him should he choose it.  The medical community shakes their heads when discussing "Suicide Diseases" as they simply can't understand how those with them survive day to day with that level of pain.

You are a brave and strong woman.  I have the utmost respect for you and others who live within this world few know or understand.

Again, hugs to you.

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7 you are sooo right. What is sleep? My brain chemistry has changed to the point I no longer produce my own endorphins. That is another reason is so hard for people to quit street drugs and even prescribed  long term opiates. Without Endorphins and other brain chemicals one has no "pleasure" or "so called "Happy feelings" at all......in fact sometimes there is an emptiness as dark as an endless pit. Thanks is not so cut and dry as some think. Is nothing about money or plenty of it at all. I have had 3 friends in m support group with same illness die recently due to being victims of closing clinics, lack of appropriate care, lack of insurance etc and they had to resort to buying cheaper heroine just to survive and not get "sick" Is so much deeper then I can convey here.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam BIG BIG Hugs to you and your Son. I know the backward state I live in will not allow assisted suicide. I cant tell you how many times a week I think about it. I wish I could talk to you sometime....is hard on here as you can imagine.

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl  My state is considering allowing it (still fighting for medical marijuana) and we're pushing for it. If need be, we will move and live in a state long enough for him to qualify as a resident. His neurological team is in one such state, so.... it wouldn't be difficult to relocate there for him.

I also wish there was a way to private PM on this forum JUST for this purpose. Know that you are not alone in this battle. Hugs to you.

Honored Contributor

(((((((((( @Stormygirl ))))))))))

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam THANK YOU! I live in Southern Virginia so you can imagine. My Doc says Medical cannabis would be so beneficial for me and CBD's. Do you watch Vice Weediquette? Good show on that subject. I have read alot on the former Hemlock Society regarding the support one can get when living is worse then the alternative. I think for me life has become a burden and is little pleasure left. Yea i know .......I know some feel my pain and understand here. My battles with poverty, homelessness and now this horrid Suicide Disease............but sometimes feel alittle uncomfortable about saying my truths here unless it is to teach people on a subject. I have the natural fear of shame and being judged. Thanks for sharing with me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIam

For emailing, some people set up temporary emails to link to each other, then once they do they exchange their real email or new ones just for them.

The only problem is someone else on the board can contact you, which is why you only make it temporary.  You'd have to know each other well enough that you know it's the other person for real.  Maybe knowing a medicine in common, something like that.

ps Set up a time when you can both be online together, then take it down as you as you contact.