Honored Contributor

I'm in New York State and today our county said we are in a drought and should cut back on water consumption. OMG! It is 90 today and the forecast is for more 90's and no rain. I can't remember the last time we had this situation, and it reminds you that you can't take water for granted. I know that other states have bee dealing with this for a long time, but it's new for us, I feel bad for the farmers.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm in New York State and today our county said we are in a drought and should cut back on water consumption. OMG! It is 90 today and the forecast is for more 90's and no rain. I can't remember the last time we had this situation, and it reminds you that you can't take water for granted. I know that other states have bee dealing with this for a long time, but it's new for us, I feel bad for the farmers.

@QVCkitty1  We have been in a heatwave for several days...several more days to go. Our heat index reached 115 yesterday...

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

We have a drought here, too, lawns are brown.  What really upsets me are the people who wash their cars and water their lawns.  Cars don't need to be spic and span and the brown grass is not dead, it's just dormant.  It will come back.  Humans and farm crops are much more important and we need to conserve our water supplies.

Trusted Contributor

I'm in western MA and having a terrible drought here too.   Hot as blazes also.   Looks like it will continue for another 4-5 days.    I absolutely agree about the grass....it will come back.   Possible storms tonight but heavy rain for a bit won't help.   We need a day or two of a nice steady rainfall.  

Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I am just down the road from you.....lol........  Northeast New Jersey,near GWB     Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

The last I heard, they are still not saying the drought is over here.  We had a dome of heat here for a long time, it's finally moved on.  It seems the East coast is having a huge high dome now.

Honored Contributor

Just a couple of years ago my area was in a severe drought that lasted for several years. With each passing year trees were lost in my neighborhood. One huge silver maple died in my back yard. It was so sad to see it die.Woman Sad . We had forest fires everywhere. I woke up every morning to hazy skies.

We were on restricted watering times and amounts. It was a serious drought. It made me realize how precious our water truely is.

Honored Contributor

It's  kind of hard to sympathize when we've been in a drought for 10 years.  We go months without rain and the temperatures in June and July have been brutal.  We're in our monsoon season but no rain or any predicted.  We don't waste water watering lawns because most people have gravel instead of grass and very drought tolerant shrubbery and trees.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

The last I heard, they are still not saying the drought is over here.  We had a dome of heat here for a long time, it's finally moved on.  It seems the East coast is having a huge high dome now.

@Noel7 I am about as close as one can come to be smack in the middle of the 48 continuous states and it's not going anywhere for at least a few more days. Are you on the west coast?

The dome is still in the center of the country the last time I saw the weather channel an hour ago.

I did see a relatively small area unter heat advisories in parts of NJ and PA.

Respected Contributor

Droughts are scary.  We were in one 3 years ago.  Right now it's just the usual dry summer period.  I hate July and Aug.  Worst months of the year as far I'm concerned.  Too HOT!!!!