Esteemed Contributor

Driving home saw a brand new Dodge Charger.

Driving home this afternoon, I spotted a brand new Dodge Charger.  At first, I thought it was a slightly stretched Mustang.  And, no, I'm not THAT silly!

I really liked the era of muscle cars and SO liked the yellow Baracuda - CUDA - that Don Johnson drove during the series run of "Nash Bridges,"  based in San Francisco.  (Miss that show!)

The baby brother of the CUDA was the Charger and we saw lots of them on the road.  It's nice to see that the Charger has been resurrected and is now rollin' once again.

HOWEVER - The Charger I saw today was WHITE - a travesty to all muscle cars.  In my book, just my book, it's gotta be either red, bright canary yellow or deep dark black.

(And, yes, I'm very opinionated and passionate about cars and their colors.  DH and I have had over 40 cars in our long marriage, many of them purchased so he could restore and then sell them for a tidy profit.  I do believe we've had more red cars than any other color.)

In general, do you think certain cars lend themselves to specific colors?

Honored Contributor

Re: Driving home saw a brand new Dodge Charger.

I think ALL mustangs have to be maroon but not everyone agrees with me, and they sell them in other colors all the time. When I was in High school and DH was in college he had a maroon mustang. He was sooooo hot and so was that car.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I do believe that.  The only white colored car I ever loved and had a white car was a white Camry.  It's the only color white I ever liked made for Toyota.  It's bright and it's white!!  That camry in my opinion is hot in the color white.  Wouldn't purchase any other car but  a Toyota in the color white.  When I trade this Camry in, my next Camry will be white for sure again.  Love it.  

Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

I like red convertibles.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

@ BlingQueen022 wrote:

Yes I do believe that.  The only white colored car I ever loved and had a white car was a white Camry.  It's the only color white I ever liked made for Toyota.  It's bright and it's white!!  That camry in my opinion is hot in the color white.  Wouldn't purchase any other car but  a Toyota in the color white.  When I trade this Camry in, my next Camry will be white for sure again.  Love it.  

@BlingQueen022

Your post made me smile.

Spoiler

(Above space is supposed to have a big Smiley face in it.  Hmmmmm.)

Anyway, we used to live in San Diego and I can tell you that I've never seen so many white Camrys as I did when we lived in San Diego.  I swear that that car is THE white car of choice in S.D.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I think ALL mustangs have to be maroon but not everyone agrees with me, and they sell them in other colors all the time. When I was in High school and DH was in college he had a maroon mustang. He was sooooo hot and so was that car.

@151949

Wow!  I had completely forgotten about that maroon and you're right - it was a smokin' hot color!

(I don't recall the year models they were offering Mustangs in maroon, but I'm a mi-60s grad.)

Esteemed Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

I like red convertibles.

@muttmom

I agree!  I've had 4, plus a sports car with hard top.

Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Spoiler

@ BlingQueen022 wrote:

@BlingQueen022

Your post made me smile.

Spoiler

(Above space is supposed to have a big Smiley face in it.  Hmmmmm.)

Anyway, we used to live in San Diego and I can tell you that I've never seen so many white Camrys as I did when we lived in San Diego.  I swear that that car is THE white car of choice in S.D.

Wow!  that's amazing and very interesting.  Thanks for sharing that.  It's such a vibrant, bright fresh color of white on the Camrys.  I haven't seen another car make yet to come close to Toyota's shade of white.  As you can see I'm a camry nut, lol  I'm on my 7th Camry.  I don't keep a car long.  I have to say, I'm waiting for Toyota to change their new body style before I trade in the Camry I have now.  I'm not a particular fan of the new body style.  It just isn't the classic Camry look to me.  

Trusted Contributor

Love the muscle cars but never have owned one. There's a cool car museum in Hershey, Pa and a few years back they had a muscle car exhibit-very cool. Darrin Stephens on Bewitched had some great convertibles-mostly blue I think. Congrats on your new wheels Sfnative!

Honored Contributor

As the owner of a Titanium(dark) Gray 2011 Charger, I can tell you that it is a lot of fun to drive.  Didn't get the hemi engine so as not to be tempted to drive too fast.  I have previously always owned black cars, and still believe in general that is the best color for a vehicle.  But the dark gray with black interior just called my name when I ordered the car from the showroom display.